[comp.sys.mac.games] Info requested about Bridge games

wsinkees@svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing) (02/05/91)

I am looking for information about bridge games for the Mac, in particular
shareware of free ware.  Thanks a lot.
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
DOMAIN: wsinkees@win.tue.nl    BITNET: wsdckeesh@heitue5    FAX: +31-40-436685

Linda_Richards@mindlink.UUCP (Linda Richards) (02/11/91)

> wsinkees@svin02.info.win.tue.nl writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1721@svin02.info.win.tue.nl>
>
> Org.  : Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
> Person: Kees Huizing
>

> I am looking for information about bridge games for the Mac, in particular
> shareware of free ware.  Thanks a lot.
> --
> Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The
> Netherlands
> DOMAIN: wsinkees@win.tue.nl    BITNET: wsdckeesh@heitue5    FAX:
> +31-40-436685

We seem to keep having this conversation without much success. Can it be that
there is no decent Bridge game for the Mac? I'd be very interested in hearing
about any shareware -- or decent commercial -- Bridge games you turn up.

As I posted here a few months ago, I purchased Bridge Baron II for Macintosh
not very long ago. At about $60. (CDN) I was very disappointed. The user
interface in inelegant, the grpahics non-existant. The game does play quite
well, but it's hard to follow as the cards are shown as letters (eg: KH = king
of hearts and so on).

Again, I'd love to hear if you turn up anything good. Especially shareware. I
feel like I gave already. :)

Linda

carl@udwarf.tymnet.com (Carl Baltrunas & Cherie Marinelli 1.0.3) (02/13/91)

In article <4762@mindlink.UUCP>, Linda_Richards@mindlink.UUCP (Linda Richards) writes:
> > wsinkees@svin02.info.win.tue.nl writes:
> > I am looking for information about bridge games for the Mac, in particular
> > shareware of free ware.  Thanks a lot.
> > --
> > Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The
> > Netherlands
> > DOMAIN: wsinkees@win.tue.nl    BITNET: wsdckeesh@heitue5    FAX:
> > +31-40-436685
> Again, I'd love to hear if you turn up anything good. Especially shareware. I
> feel like I gave already. :)
>
> Linda

I've been watching for a couple of years now and have NOT seen any talk about
bridge in the Mac newsgroups.  I paid attention for awhile to rec.?.bridge but
it was often over my head.

I am planning on writing a card-game playing tool for the Mac.  It initially is
directed at solitaire games, but with enough skill, someone might be able to
program in strategy for bridge.  When the tool is closer to production I will
drop a line for interested beta-testers.

Anyone out there interested in this type of game?  Or is everyone into the
magic and sorcery, battle-ho, conquer the enemy/*/universe type of games?
It seems like that is the majority of game types discussed in this group.
(No! I'm not flaming anyone's taste in games... just trying to find out what
kind of games people like, and which ones they have and HAVEN'T seen (yet)
on the Mac.)

-Carl

Besides, people like G. Gygax and Avalon Hill and Broderbund/Maxis et al have
a lot more resources to bring to bear than I do.

Carl A Baltrunas - Catalyst Art
Cherie Marinelli - Bijoux
Internet: {carl or cherie}@udwarf.tymnet.com
          {carl or cherie}%udwarf@tardis.tymnet.com
UUCP:{sumex,apple}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!udwarf!{carl or cherie}

duga@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Brady Duga) (02/14/91)

Well, I like card games, as does my girlfriend. I assume these aren't
much talked about much due to the nature of the games. Somehow, even
though a card game might be played on the Mac, it still feels like a
cardgame, and therefore innapropriate for discussion on a Mac game group.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong. I would definitely like to see this tool you
plan to write. I'm not sure what you mean by tool though. Is it a game
or some environment in which games could be created? Mail me if you
don't want to clutter this group.

--Brady (duga@cvs.rochester.edu)