[comp.sys.mac.games] Vette! ??

yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (02/12/91)

Has anyone seen the Vette! game which is supposed to be available for the Mac
now.  It sounds as if it could be really good, color graphics and race others
over a network.  If you have, would send a review to the net?
Thanks,
pat young
yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

beecher@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Ben Beecher) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb11.182957.2676@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>
   yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Has anyone seen the Vette! game which is supposed to be available for the Mac
>now.  It sounds as if it could be really good, color graphics and race others
>over a network.  If you have, would send a review to the net?
>Thanks,
>pat young
>yomy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

I saw Vette! being demonstrated by Spectrum Holobyte at MacWorld in
Boston last July.  I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread
and have been eagerly waiting for it to become available.  I ordered
it from Mac Connection several weeks ago but it has been "out of
stock" for a long time.  Waiting such a long time has soured my
opinion of Spectrum Holobyte and their fine products.

The game contains a detailed map of San Francisco and the player(s)
navigate the streets in a race against time, or against each other.
The best part of the game is the realistic graphics and sound effects.
Several city landmarks are built into the game and you have to avoid
hitting pedestrians and other cars during the race.  There is a
winshield display, a map display, and street names are visible as
well.  It helps if you know your way around the city by the bay (San
Francisco) but it's not necessary.

The demo was on a IIfx and the three dimensional graphics looked very
good.  I have no idea how it would look on a slower machine.  I would
love to hear from some Mac users who have tried this game themselves.

Ben Beecher		beecher@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Network Planning	212-854-7439
Columbia University