[comp.sys.mac.games] What, OIDS again?

warden@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Robert Warden) (02/14/91)

What, Oids again?

Yes, A while back I asked for the phone# or
address of the company that makes Oids - a GREAT! game.
Well some kind soul sent the the ph.# to Software Heaven,
but I tried the number only to find it no longer in service.

Does anyone have a CURRENT address or phone # for
Software Heaven (or whoever makes OIDS).  They aren't
listed in any magazines and no software stores seem
to list them either???  Thanks..

                             Rob Warden
                             warden@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd A. Green) (02/15/91)

In article <37538@netnews.upenn.edu> warden@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Robert Warden) writes:

>What, Oids again?
>
>Yes, A while back I asked for the phone# or
>address of the company that makes Oids - a GREAT! game.
>Well some kind soul sent the the ph.# to Software Heaven,
>but I tried the number only to find it no longer in service.
>
>Does anyone have a CURRENT address or phone # for
>Software Heaven (or whoever makes OIDS).  They aren't
>listed in any magazines and no software stores seem
>to list them either???  Thanks..

The current phone number for Software Heaven/FTL is (619) 453-5711.
I just called them yesterday to see if they were planning on doing
a Mac version on Dungeon Master.  To my demise they said "the project
was on the 'back burner'" and that they were currently working on the
IBM version.  I fail to understand why they would not see a Mac
version as being both profitable and fairly easy.  They've already
done a IIGS version, and having programmed both the Mac and IIGS I can
tell you that the two machines are extremely similiar.  But seeing as
how an IBM version would be more in their interests, I s'pose we'll
have to understand them if not forgive them.

>                             Rob Warden
>                             warden@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

Todd
Todd A. Green   "<_CyberWolf_>"  ---> Pascal <- tagreen@ucs.indiana.edu