[comp.sys.mac.games] exitREAD/NEW

kwinkler@pbs.org (Ken Winkler) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb13.184257.1@gacvx1.gac.edu>, youngdahl@gacvx1.gac.edu writes:
> Does anyone know what the latest version of NetTrek is, and what improvements,
> if any, it has over the older versions?
>
> Also, does anyone know of any similarly good "shoot-em-up" games for the Mac
> that are playable over a network?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben Youngdahl
> youngdah@nic.gac.edu

The latest version I've seen is 2.0.  Some of the new advantages are that
you can play solo against the computer, there are more ways a ship can be
damaged, keyboard controls are better, and you have a couple extra features
like destroy base.  Not that much of an improvement, but I like it.

Falcon is the only other good action game I know of for Mac, and it is
excellent, if you both don't use autopilot.

							----Ken

* "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!" ---FR      *    Television    *
* "Get away from me with that spatula, Fred!" ---Mrs. FR *  worth watching  *