[comp.sys.mac.games] Solarian II on a Mac IIsi

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (02/12/91)

I downloaded Solarian II, and it doesn't even work on my IIsi!  I tried it out
with a barebones system, in addition to my own (very messy) system, & both were
system 6.0.7.  I tried the program out on a Mac IIcx in a Mac lab at school,
and it worked fine.  Is there something I am missing, or something I should do
to get it to work?  They won't let me play solarian at the math lab at school!

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (02/12/91)

I got a couple of responses about running Solarian II on a Mac IIsi.  All that
were answering said that versions 1.03 and 1.04 worked fine on their IIsi's.
I know I didn't do something wrong downloading it, since it worked on a Mac
IIcx, but upon checking the version number, I discovered it didn't have one!
So I think it would be safe to assume that it is older than the versions 1.3 &
1.4 that everyone is talking about.  So I'll download the new copy, and see how
it works.  Thanks to the people who wrote me with the help!

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo

ps Does you mac have to be hooked up to a network to see NetBunny go?  All it
    does is crash when I click the 'Energize' button.  But then again, my
    computer is not hooked up to a network.  All I want do is see the thing
    run across the screen once!

jp48+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan Pace) (02/13/91)

   Solarian II v. 1.04!!!  I've never seen it.  Where can you download it from?

Jon Pace

EY28@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK (02/13/91)

In article <59130@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a
feinberg) says:

>I downloaded Solarian II, and it doesn't even work on my IIsi!  I tried it out
>with a barebones system, in addition to my own (very messy) system, & both
>were
>system 6.0.7.  I tried the program out on a Mac IIcx in a Mac lab at school,
>and it worked fine.  Is there something I am missing, or something I should do
>to get it to work?  They won't let me play solarian at the math lab at school!
>
>John Feinberg
>SUNY Buffalo

Just for a laugh I downloaded it on to my LC (4/40) 12" colour monitor.
Sytstem 6.07
Loads of inits (too numerous to mention) including of course PsudoFPU.

It works............ that is to say it works minus a 1 to 2" border around
the bottom and right hand edge.  :-(

Not having ever played the game (and it looks as if I never will because
I cant see my spaceship!) I cannot comment on the speed of the game on the LC.

I do hope someone will come up with a new version for the LC 12" colour screen.
That will obviously depend on how well the machine sells....(another story).

Andy Calder, Dept. Materials Science, Liverpool University, England
 EMAIL: EY28@LIVERPOOL.UK.AC - - o   Radiation  /  Nobody is paying me
 PHONE: 051-794-5364  - - - - - o   Damage     /       to say this.
   FAX: 051-794-4675 - - - - - o   Group      /  WHICH IS A DAMN SHAME!

rbrown@ics.uci.edu (Raymond Brown) (02/20/91)

In <91044.125217EY28@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> EY28@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:

>In article <59130@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a
>feinberg) says:
>>
>>I downloaded Solarian II, and it doesn't even work on my IIsi!  I tried it out
>>with a barebones system, in addition to my own (very messy) system, & both
>>were
>>system 6.0.7.  I tried the program out on a Mac IIcx in a Mac lab at school,
>>and it worked fine.  Is there something I am missing, or something I should do
>>to get it to work?  They won't let me play solarian at the math lab at school!
>>
>>John Feinberg
>>SUNY Buffalo

>Just for a laugh I downloaded it on to my LC (4/40) 12" colour monitor.
>Sytstem 6.07
>Loads of inits (too numerous to mention) including of course PsudoFPU.

>It works............ that is to say it works minus a 1 to 2" border around
>the bottom and right hand edge.  :-(

>Not having ever played the game (and it looks as if I never will because
>I cant see my spaceship!) I cannot comment on the speed of the game on the LC.
>I do hope someone will come up with a new version for the LC 12" colour screen.
>That will obviously depend on how well the machine sells....(another story).

I run Solarian II 1.03 on my MacIIsi. It runs just fine. No border around the
screen either. Maybe the other gentleman has an older version or a very
selective computer?

   ---  RB