[comp.sys.mac.games] Strategic Conquest & Harpoon

mike.horsten@uk.sun.com (Mike Horsten) (02/13/91)

Can anyone tell me if SC 3.0 is in Color and is Harpoon in color.
I like this type of games but since I have a color Mac I
would like to use them.

I know that halls of Montazuma is in color and it add's lots of extra realism.
I have noticed that color games in the stratigic area are hard to get.
Thanks
Mike

Mike Horsten Sun Microsystems Europe Inc. (Sitka Europe)
Internet mike.horsten@uk.sun.com
Applelink SITKAEUROPE
Disclaimer :Standaard

CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu (Christopher Tate) (02/19/91)

Strategic Conquest has been color at least since version 2.05.

Harpoon comes in both black-and-white and color versions; I believe there
is a price difference, however.  Included in the box when I purchased the
monochrome version was an order form with which one could send in the
original disks, with $15, and get the color version (which requires
640 by 480 graphics, BTW) in return.

-------
Christopher Tate                  |  I hate writing, and I hate statistics,
                                  |  but most of all I hate writing about
cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu              |  statistics.  I'd rather go to the
 ...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105  |  dentist; at least there you get to spit.
cxt105@psuvm.bitnet               |                      - Ed Sewell

jdon@drutx.ATT.COM (BookJD) (02/20/91)

In article <3402@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM> mike.horsten@uk.sun.com writes:
>Can anyone tell me if SC 3.0 is in Color and is Harpoon in color.
>I like this type of games but since I have a color Mac I
>would like to use them.

>Mike Horsten Sun Microsystems Europe Inc. (Sitka Europe)

Mike:

I have SC 2.055 and it does run in color. I am waiting for my 3.0
upgrade to arrive in the mail, but I'm sure Delta Tao would not
remove color for the upgrade.  The color scheme is simple, but does
assist in ID of hostile craft/armies.  A long playing game with
lots of scenarios.

J. Don

pdubois@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Paul DuBois) (02/20/91)

I hear that the color version of Harpoon costs extra; is it worth it? Does
it slow things down any?

pdubois@ocf.berkeley.edu