[comp.sys.mac.games] Thexder for the Mac

tesst4@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Tobish E Smith) (02/22/91)

While strolling through Egghead the other day, I noticed that Sierra
has released Thexder for the Mac.  Thexder's an arcade game from Japan
that Sierra released for every other make of computer about 3 years ago.
Anyway, it's in color, and the box claims that the program has a wondrous
soundtrack.  I doubt it, given Sierra's use of sound on the Mac thusfar.
Probably just a generic box, talking about the wonderful IBM or Amiga
soundtrack.  Anyway, has anyone bought this game yet?  It's only $25,
but I was more interested in getting OIDS so I passed.  I'd love to hear
how it is.

Tob

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) (02/22/91)

tesst4@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Tobish E Smith) writes:

>While strolling through Egghead the other day, I noticed that Sierra
>has released Thexder for the Mac.  Thexder's an arcade game from Japan
>that Sierra released for every other make of computer about 3 years ago.
>Anyway, it's in color, and the box claims that the program has a wondrous
>soundtrack.  I doubt it, given Sierra's use of sound on the Mac thusfar.
>Probably just a generic box, talking about the wonderful IBM or Amiga
>soundtrack.  Anyway, has anyone bought this game yet?  It's only $25,
>but I was more interested in getting OIDS so I passed.  I'd love to hear
>how it is.

>Tob

The 'wondrous soundtrack' is cheesy, the graphics look a heck of a lot
like CGA, and overall, I was not impressed.  It's your standard `run
through a maze and shoot stuff' type of game.  I must say that I haven't
seen a Sierra game yet for the mac that I felt was worth my money, and some
were atriocious (ManHunter, for example)

Now, Oids, on the other hand, is spectacular.  I have only tried a demo
version.  Is it actually available in stores now?

Dan
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu