[comp.sys.mac.games] Spaceward Ho! - can anybody beat ingenious computer?

gt4586c@prism.gatech.EDU (WILLETT,THOMAS CARTER) (02/22/91)

has anybody managed to beat the computer when its rated at "ingenious".
if so, could you share your secrets.  i keep getting slaughtered - they
seem to be able to build huge battlefleets faster than i can build
satellites to defend myself.  and when i try to attack them, they have
usually over 200 ships at a planet, and i get wiped out.

--
thomas willett
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han) (02/22/91)

In article <22557@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4586c@prism.gatech.EDU (WILLETT,THOMAS CARTER) writes:
>has anybody managed to beat the computer when its rated at "ingenious".
>if so, could you share your secrets.  i keep getting slaughtered - they
>seem to be able to build huge battlefleets faster than i can build
>satellites to defend myself.  and when i try to attack them, they have
>usually over 200 ships at a planet, and i get wiped out.

The trick is to avoid battle with him until very late in the game.
Usually, I try to keep about 15-20 satellite around each planet and
send out lots of scouts...

--
Byron Han, Software Artist           "This space for rent..."