[comp.sys.mac.games] Spaceward Ho! 1.1

commons@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU (Peter Commons) (02/22/91)

>> 3.  Is there a limit to tech levels?

Version 1.1 has lots of new pictures: 42 weapon picts, about 25 shield picts,
25 satellite picts, and 28 (I think) engine picts.

--
Peter Commons
commons@cs.stanford.edu

mce@tc.fluke.COM (Brian McElhinney) (02/23/91)

commons@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU (Peter Commons) writes:
>Version 1.1 has lots of new pictures: 42 weapon picts, about 25 shield picts,
>25 satellite picts, and 28 (I think) engine picts.

Yeah, but they changed the whole nature of them.  Made'm boring.  The old
ones were great fun; boxing glove weapons, sling-shot, the shark ship.
Very whimsical.  It added to the fun of the game.

Not that 1.1 itself is boring -- I still spend too damn many hours on it!

Brian McElhinney          "Officers of the chamber will not caress the Maids on
mce@tc.fluke.com           the stairs as many household utensils are apt to be
		           broken as a result." --Proclamation, King Henry VIII

commons@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU (Peter Commons) (02/26/91)

>>Version 1.1 has lots of new pictures: 42 weapon picts, about 25 shield picts,
>>25 satellite picts, and 28 (I think) engine picts.
>
>Yeah, but they changed the whole nature of them.  Made'm boring.  The old
>ones were great fun; boxing glove weapons, sling-shot, the shark ship.
>Very whimsical.  It added to the fun of the game.
>
>Not that 1.1 itself is boring -- I still spend too damn many hours on it!

All the old pictures are still there; I think they're just higher up in the
tech range...