[comp.sys.mac.games] Diamonds & Finder Sounds Bug

hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (01/31/91)

I just came across Diamonds (by Oliver Dreer) and it seems _very_
interesting.  However, I experienced a problem running it and
Finder Sounds (1.3.1) which both like to do funny things with
the sound hooks in system 6.0.7.  Turning off Finder Sounds allowed
the sounds from Diamonds to continually play.  Turning on Finder
Sounds caused the game to freeze and after MacsBug'ging out the
"nobody" chorus continued to chant although the game was dead.
I had to reboot ... :( .  It seems to work okay when Finder Sounds
is turned off.  Any fixes in sight???

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

tod@shower.rain.com (Tod Oace) (02/27/91)

In article <HAIRSTON.91Jan30150727@henry.ece.cmu.edu> hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) writes:
>I just came across Diamonds (by Oliver Dreer) and it seems _very_
>interesting.  However, I experienced a problem running it and
>Finder Sounds (1.3.1) which both like to do funny things with
>the sound hooks in system 6.0.7.  Turning off Finder Sounds allowed
>the sounds from Diamonds to continually play.  Turning on Finder
>Sounds caused the game to freeze and after MacsBug'ging out the
>"nobody" chorus continued to chant although the game was dead.
>I had to reboot ... :( .  It seems to work okay when Finder Sounds
>is turned off.  Any fixes in sight???

I haven't experienced this problem with system 6.0.7, finder sounds
enabled, and Diamonds on my IIcx.

--
Tod Oace <tod@shower.rain.com>