[comp.sys.mac.games] games over appletalk

neunherz@oxy.edu (Richard Keith Neunherz) (02/25/91)

       My school recently set up an appletalk network consisting of
seven or eight zones, each with two dorms.  A friend and I were hoping
to play some games over appletalk, Nettrek, Falcon 2.2, MazeWar for
example.  My friend is in a different zone than I am, and we have been
unsuccessful in all our attempts to play these games.  Nettrek has
worked with people in my zone, but I would like to play against people
in other zones.  Is there any software that we need?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Feel free to E-mail me at Neunherz@Oxy.edu.  Thanks in
advance.

ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu (03/01/91)

In article <149028@tiger.oxy.edu>, neunherz@oxy.edu (Richard Keith Neunherz) writes:

>        My school recently set up an appletalk network consisting of
> seven or eight zones, each with two dorms.  A friend and I were hoping
> to play some games over appletalk, Nettrek, Falcon 2.2, MazeWar for
> example.  My friend is in a different zone than I am, and we have been
> unsuccessful in all our attempts to play these games.  Nettrek has
> worked with people in my zone, but I would like to play against people
> in other zones.  Is there any software that we need?  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Feel free to E-mail me at Neunherz@Oxy.edu.  Thanks in
> advance.

Make sure your zones aren't bridged off from each other...
you can check this by going to the chooser and seeing which of the other
zones show up...I'm pretty sure Mazewar & NetTrek will work between zones
(I don't see why it shouldn't)...as for the others I haven't tried them
so I don't know...
Hope this helps...

--
Scruffy
Ian Sullivan

p.s What kind of network do you have (Hardware, Software, etc...)
    I'm trying to get some feedback on different types...
**                             %   "Would that love were such a thing        **
**ian@umiami.ir.miami.edu      %    that one could hold, see or touch        **
**                             %    and perhaps squash the life out of"      **
**UUU    UMUMMM     MMMMMM     %    -Anonymous                               **
**UUU    UMU MMM   MMM MMM     %                                             **
**uUU    UMU  MMM MMM  MMM     %   "Life's been good to me so far..." -J.W.  **
**UUUUUUUUMUof MMMMM   MMM     %   "Give it a while." -Me.                   **