[comp.sys.mac.games] 3in3 spoiler wanted...

rob@cs.mu.oz.au (Robert Wallen) (03/04/91)

Well, I have got most of the way thru 3in3 but am now stuck at 'Learn your
A.B.Cs' -- you know, the letter game where you have to determine the rules as
you go.  I dont have the first foggiest idea about even what sort of pattersn
I should be looking for.  Does it have to do with the patterns on the letter
'card's?  Or the typeface used?  Or possible word forms?

Mail me please, this sort of thing shouldnt be posted to everyone.  Let them
suffer like I have ;-)

In article <3137@murtoa.cs.mu.oz.au> rob@cs.mu.oz.au (Robert Wallen) writes:
>Well, I have got most of the way thru 3in3 but am now stuck at 'Learn your
>A.B.Cs' -- you know, the letter game where you have to determine the rules as
>you go.  I dont have the first foggiest idea about even what sort of pattersn
>I should be looking for.  Does it have to do with the patterns on the letter
>'card's?  Or the typeface used?  Or possible word forms?

And of course about an hour after having 'given up' I worked it out with some
choice example hands and a table of results being drawn up.  The answer to
the above questions is (are?) NO, NO and NO.  Its all in the letters.

Thanx to Chang.P.Woo@dartmouth.EDU for a hint which didnt get here in time to
make a difference.

*** A hopefully obscure hint lurks behind this ^L

Sum of the digits of a multiple of nine is a multiple of nine.