[comp.sys.mac.games] Pirates! instructions

daisyage@leland.Stanford.EDU (Victor Sletten) (03/04/91)

Does anyone out there have a copy of the rules and instructions for
Pirates! in e-mailable format?  If so, could you send them to me:
daisyage@leland.stanford.edu

Thanks!

victor sletten

gf0c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory S. Fox) (03/05/91)

On 3 Mar 91, Victor Sletten writes:

> Does anyone out there have a copy of the rules and instructions for
> Pirates! in e-mailable format?  If so, could you send them to me...

No.  This is an unreasonable request.

Pirates!  uses a manual-lookup copy protection scheme, but it does not
prevent you from playing the game.  If you can't answer the questions,
your initial circumstances are disadvantageous & the game is harder.

I played Pirates! this way for a day or so, then ordered my own copy.
It was well worth it.  It's outrageous to steal a programmer's time
when you clearly find the time spent playing the game to be worthwhile.

I don't normally have strong opinions on this issue,  (at least not
strong enough to provoke a post)  but if we don't police ourselves,
the Mac game environment *will* degenerate.  If you enjoy playing
the game, BUY IT!

--Greg

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar3.183718.12311@leland.Stanford.EDU> daisyage@leland.Stanford.EDU (Victor Sletten) writes:

>Does anyone out there have a copy of the rules and instructions for
>Pirates! in e-mailable format?  If so, could you send them to me:
>daisyage@leland.stanford.edu
>
>Thanks!
>
>victor sletten

Why, exactly, do you want them?

jas
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California