[comp.sys.mac.games] Game Creation Programs

nordling@f13.n396.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Bob Nordling) (03/03/91)

A couple days ago, somebody expressed interest in adventure creation
programs available for the Mac. Here's an excerpt from an appendix
in the "EAR Awards" which may be of help in that regard.  By far the
most widely used adventure creation programs are World Builder
(which hasn't been upgraded in ages) and HyperCard (which is the
most accessible -- and this might be the way to go for a classroom
setting, i.e. there have been few simple adventures put out
by young children in HyperCard format, some quite successful such as
the ones Amanda Goodenough put out in her early teens - Inigo the
Cat series, Your Faithful Camel). However, Pewano-Westphalia High
School Math department students did put out P-W adventure
in World Builder format.  Here's the list of adventure creation
programs so you might have more alternatives.

Adventure Game Creation Programs

Commercial:
  HyperCard
    Type:  (text, graphics, sound) in Stack format
    Games Available:  17 Known
  World Builder
    Type:  (text, graphics, sound)
    Games Available:  56 Known

PD/Shareware:
  Adventure Construction Kit 1.2b  (stack)
    Type:  (text, graphics) in Stack format
    Games Available:  None Known
  Adventure Game Toolkit
    Type:  (text only)
    Games Available:  5 Known
      "Colossal Cave"
      "Elf Adventure"
      "Grail Quest"
      "Son of Stagefright"
      "Star Portal"
  Adventure Maker
    Type:  (text, graphics) in DA format
    Games Available:  1 Known
      "Adventure DA"
  Adventures Plus
    Type:  (text, graphics)
    Games Available:  1 Known
      "Avocado Adventure"
  AdVent
    Type:  (text only)
    Games Available:  None Known
  AdvSys
    Type: (text only)
    Games Available:  None Known
  TADS "Text Adventure Development System"
    Type:  (text only)
    Games Available:  2 Known
      "Deep Space Drifter"
      "Ditch Day Drifter"

     Bob Nordling     | AOL:     AFC MacFun
     GAMER Project    | FIDONET: 1:396/13 New Orleans MUG
                      | USENET: nordling@mmug.edgar.mn.org
                      | ...jhereg!tcnet!vware!edgar!mmug!nordling

     ->via FidoNet: 1:282/22 - SmorgasBoard USENET-FidoNet Gateway<-

jacobw@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob S Weinstein) (03/05/91)

In article <6.27D1E543@mmug.edgar.mn.org> nordling@f13.n396.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Bob Nordling) writes:
>A couple days ago, somebody expressed interest in adventure creation
>programs available for the Mac. Here's an excerpt from an appendix
>in the "EAR Awards" which may be of help in that regard.
>
>PD/Shareware:
(There follows a list of PD/ Shareware stuff.)

	Where can I FTP some of those programs?

		******************************
		*Jacob Weinstein             *
		         @@