[comp.sys.mac.games] Infocom Games

PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) (08/04/90)

Help!! I have been stuck for over a year now on SpellBreaker.  I'm
pretty far along, but could really use a solution file.  Does anyone
have one?  I looked at the mibsrv site, but no luck there.

I also need a solution to Bureaucracy, if that exists as well.

Any response is welcome.

Peter Sweeney
Micrcomputer Consultant

ps9zrhmc@miamiu

dwright@sif.claremont.edu (Dan "(" Wright)) (08/06/90)

In article <90215.164327PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET>, PS9ZRHMC@MIAMIU.BITNET (Peter Sweeney) writes...
>Help!! I have been stuck for over a year now on SpellBreaker.  I'm
>pretty far along, but could really use a solution file.  Does anyone
>have one?  I looked at the mibsrv site, but no luck there.
>
>I also need a solution to Bureaucracy, if that exists as well.
>
>Any response is welcome.
>
>Peter Sweeney
>Micrcomputer Consultant
>
>ps9zrhmc@miamiu

I'm neither have nor am aware of solution files for either game, but I've
played both--  I'll be glad to answer specific questions about either.

[SpellBreaker, is IMvHO, the best puzzle-oriented game put out by Infocom or
anyone else in the last 10 years!]
- Dan
Dan Wright          DWRIGHT@SIF	         Macintosh Systems Manager
Internet: dwright@hmcvax.claremont.edu
Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA       Consider it disclaimed!

nordling@f13.n396.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Bob Nordling) (03/03/91)

In a previous message I mentioned that I was compiling a master list
of commecial games that have been released for the Mac and that I
would like some input regarding Infocom and Magnetic Scroll games.
Here are the Infocom games that I am aware of, please send me e-mail
or post a message here filling in all the ones that I left out!

Beyond Zork    Bureaucracy    Captain Blood    Enchanter
HitchHiker's Guide    Hollywood Hijinx    Infidel
Nord & Bert    Planetfall    Sherlock    Spellbreaker
Starcross    Stationfall    Suspended    Trinity
Windwalker    Wishbringer    Witness    Zork
Zork II    Zork III    Zork Zero

Maybe I should have included Journey and Quarterstaff?

The only Magnetic Scroll games I am aware of are:

Guild of Thieves, and one called something like Firebrand.

The list is up to 263 games and climbing! As whimpy as game
production has been for the Mac, 650 or so shareware/freeware/pd
games and around 300 commercial games is more than I expected to
find when beginning to compile the game lists.

     Bob Nordling     | AOL:     AFC MacFun
     GAMER Project    | FIDONET: 1:396/13 New Orleans MUG
                      | USENET: nordling@mmug.edgar.mn.org
                      | ...jhereg!tcnet!vware!edgar!mmug!nordling

     ->via FidoNet: 1:282/22 - SmorgasBoard USENET-FidoNet Gateway<-

lavonius@cc.helsinki.fi (Ville Lavonius) (03/06/91)

In article <3.27D1E539@mmug.edgar.mn.org>, nordling@f13.n396.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Bob Nordling) writes:
> In a previous message I mentioned that I was compiling a master list
> of commecial games that have been released for the Mac and that I
> would like some input regarding Infocom and Magnetic Scroll games.
> Here are the Infocom games that I am aware of, please send me e-mail
> or post a message here filling in all the ones that I left out!
>
> Beyond Zork    Bureaucracy    Captain Blood    Enchanter
> HitchHiker's Guide    Hollywood Hijinx    Infidel
> Nord & Bert    Planetfall    Sherlock    Spellbreaker
> Starcross    Stationfall    Suspended    Trinity
> Windwalker    Wishbringer    Witness    Zork
> Zork II    Zork III    Zork Zero

Ahem. Windwalker is not an Infocom game, it was produced by Origin, and neither
is Captain Blood an I game, it was programmed by the Frech sw firm Infogrames.

Ok. Off the cuff I can add some games to your list: Sorcerer, Arthur,
BorderZone (this one's rare-I've never seen it), Cutthroats, Plundered Hearts,
Suspect, Deadline, Shogun, Seastalker, etc etc. In rec.games.misc there's been
discussion of the various titles and some guys posted their complete lists
there.

> Maybe I should have included Journey and Quarterstaff?
Why not Journey, but Qs is not an Infocom game, they merely marketed it.

> The only Magnetic Scroll games I am aware of are:
>
> Guild of Thieves, and one called something like Firebrand.

I've never heard of Firebrand, their publisher was Firebird so there may be a
wee bit of confusion somewhere. Their games in semi-chronological order are:
Pawn, GoT, Jinxter, Fish, Myth (available onl from Confidential secrets club)
and their newest, Wonderland.

> The list is up to 263 games and climbing! As whimpy as game
> production has been for the Mac, 650 or so shareware/freeware/pd
> games and around 300 commercial games is more than I expected to
> find when beginning to compile the game lists.
>
> --
>
>      *****************************************************************
>      Bob Nordling     | AOL:     AFC MacFun
>      GAMER Project    | FIDONET: 1:396/13 New Orleans MUG
>                       | USENET: nordling@mmug.edgar.mn.org
>                       | ...jhereg!tcnet!vware!edgar!mmug!nordling
>
>      ->via FidoNet: 1:282/22 - SmorgasBoard USENET-FidoNet Gateway<-
                          P       In some parts of the city,
Ville Lavonius            L L     curiosity didn't just kill the
lavonius@cc.helsinki.fi   A O     cat, it threw it in the river with
HYLK::LAVONIUS		  Y U     lead weights tied to its feet.
			    D	   Terry Pratchett: Sourcery