[comp.sys.mac.games] Dungeon of Doom hints ... Please!

patton@hulaw1.harvard.edu (03/02/91)

I have a friend who is frustrated with Dungeons of Doom 4.0. He has been to the
bottom level, come back to the first level with an Orb, and is unable to
move up above ground (is there an aboveground?). In any case, he sits at the
portal that goes up & out, I believe and it will not let him pass through. The
guy really needs to get back to class work, as it is approaching obsessional
levels. Is there anyone that can give me a hint I might feed him ...
delicately? Thanks.

ksun@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Kang Sun) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar1.115917.173@hulaw1.harvard.edu> patton@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>I have a friend who is frustrated with Dungeons of Doom 4.0. He has been to the
>bottom level, come back to the first level with an Orb, and is unable to
>move up above ground (is there an aboveground?). In any case, he sits at the
>portal that goes up & out, I believe and it will not let him pass through. The
>guy really needs to get back to class work, as it is approaching obsessional
>levels. Is there anyone that can give me a hint I might feed him ...
>delicately? Thanks.

Are you sure he got the real one?  There is a fake orb at the center of the
bottom level (the orb that's surrounded by rocks)

hans@smab.se (Hans C Larsson) (03/07/91)

ksun@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Kang Sun) writes:

>In article <1991Mar1.115917.173@hulaw1.harvard.edu> patton@hulaw1.harvard.edu writes:
>>I have a friend who is frustrated with Dungeons of Doom 4.0. He has been to the
>>bottom level, come back to the first level with an Orb, and is unable to
>>move up above ground (is there an aboveground?). In any case, he sits at the
>>portal that goes up & out, I believe and it will not let him pass through. The
>>guy really needs to get back to class work, as it is approaching obsessional
>>levels. Is there anyone that can give me a hint I might feed him ...
>>delicately? Thanks.

>Are you sure he got the real one?  There is a fake orb at the center of the
>bottom level (the orb that's surrounded by rocks)

There are two orbs on the bottom level, one is under the rocks,
the other one  could be anywhere (including *under* something).

One is real and one is just a Plastic Ball.

Search for both or have an Identify at hand.

(If the Dark Wizard doesn't bother you then you are
running around with the Plastic Ball (Dark Wizard: use
Monster Ring on higher levels to surround yourself with
lesser monsters as "shield"..., lower levels: RUN)

BTW, do you know that there is "storage rooms" without doors
(have digging wand at hand :-) on some of the lower regions...
Seems to be on floors 25-35 (Magic Mapping or X-ray rings... :-)

*NOTE* that this is in "Dungeon Revealed" which is *not*
shareware and is equivalent to DoD 4.0+, don't know if
it's in 4.0.
        Hans C Larsson			Email:	hans@smab.se
	Saab Missiles, Sweden		Motto:	"keep it short"