[comp.sys.mac.games] Color Color Color!

rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/06/91)

About a month and a half ago I bought a MacIIsi, and while it compiles in a
flash and looks fabulous, I can't play all the games I used to play on my Mac
Plus.  I realize this is to be expected with the new hardware and system
software, but what I really want are new COLOR GAMES.  I have Crystal Quest,
which looks incredible, and a colorful implementation of Tetris I did myself,
but I want more.

If you could, please e-mail me a list of your favorite color Mac games, as I am
in the mood to buy software.  Also, please tell me what kind of games they are
(ie arcade, adventure, role playing, puzzle (Tetris, Pipe Dream), simulation)
and--most important--whether you know they run on a Mac IIsi.

This is starting to look like a survey...if I get enough interest, I can post a
composite list of comp.sys.mac.game's favorite color games.  Thanks in advance.

--
------------------------
Randall Cook

kives@caen.engin.umich.edu (Steve Kives ) (03/06/91)

One of the nicest things about SimEarth is the beautiful color job overall,
especially with elevations, weather patterns, etc.  I would recommend it
for that reason alone.

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) (03/06/91)

rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:

>About a month and a half ago I bought a MacIIsi, and while it compiles in a
>flash and looks fabulous, I can't play all the games I used to play on my Mac
>Plus.  I realize this is to be expected with the new hardware and system
>software, but what I really want are new COLOR GAMES.  I have Crystal Quest,
>which looks incredible, and a colorful implementation of Tetris I did myself,
>but I want more.

>If you could, please e-mail me a list of your favorite color Mac games, as I am
>in the mood to buy software.  Also, please tell me what kind of games they are
>(ie arcade, adventure, role playing, puzzle (Tetris, Pipe Dream), simulation)
>and--most important--whether you know they run on a Mac IIsi.

>This is starting to look like a survey...if I get enough interest, I can post a
>composite list of comp.sys.mac.game's favorite color games.  Thanks in advance.

>--
>------------------------
>Randall Cook
>rcook@eagle.wesleyan.edu
>------------------------

OIDS! OIDS!  OIDS!
Spaceward Ho!
Color Tetris!
Ishido!
SimEarth!
Diamonds!

(All work just fine on a IIsi)

Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |    you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |
Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |    you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

jhaslup@cs.arizona.edu (Jason A. Haslup) (03/07/91)

In regards to color games that work on a IIsi: to add to the list I've seen
already, you might want to look at Armor Alley.  Albeit only 16 colors, on
a IIsi it runs quickly and is entertaining.  Add to this the network/modem
play and it should keep your interest for a while.

While on the subject of Armor Alley, has anyone noticed a sever slow down
when running it on a Classic?  A friend and I each bought copies to play
against each other, but on his Classic it is *very* slow - slower than
my plus, which is very surprising.  We've tried a bunch of different
configurations (system 6.0.3, etc...) but it still is slow.  Then, because
his is slow, when we direct connect, our game also becomes slow.  Has anyone
else had this problem?

Jason

--

                   --- Jason Haslup ---