[comp.sys.mac.games] Welltris

hill@petsd.UUCP (John S. Hill) (05/09/90)

In article <697@limbo.Intuitive.Com> taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) writes:
>Heng-Yi Lin responds to Stephen Haase with:
>
>(huge) games-we-don't-want-to-play closet.  Why isn't it that good?
>Because it offers a more confusing interface including a poorly
>laid out keyboard (imagine this; you've a tetris-shape piece sliding
>down one wall of a four wall 'well'.  you can use keys on the keyboard
>to rotate it or move it "clockwise" or "counterclockwise", but as soon
>as it hits the adjacent wall and wraps over the keys that you must
>use to control lateral motion CHANGE.  YECH!  Why not just '4' for
>clockwise and '6' for counterclockwise, which would be a heck of a
>lot more consistent!)

Uh - you can choose the keyboard control character under one of the menus
to do exactly what you describe here.  I've got both Tetris and Welltris,
and I find them both very addicting.  I think you just gotta remember that
Welltris is a different game than Tetris.  My only complaint is that Welltris
has one of those damn 'protection' schemes that makes you look up a statistic
out of the manual.  I hate it when the first thing you have to do when you
buy a new program is defeat the protection scheme.

--
+=====================================+=======================================+
| Mustang GT, there is no substitute. | Go Eagles, Flyers, Phillies, Sixers,  |

gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU (ZUCCOLA) (03/03/91)

I hope someone out there can give me some advice.  Irecently received
Welltris as a gift. To my chagrin it doesn't run on my IIsi, actually
the black and white wersion runs, but the color version comes up with
sound but no picture!  Is there any thing I can do to get around this?
And/or will Spectroum HoloByte plan to upgrade to a version that runs on
the IIsi?
	Please email directly to zuccola@max.gatech.edu.
					Thanx in advance,
					H-----

gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU (ZUCCOLA) (03/03/91)

Just wanted to say thanx for all those cards and letters about
Welltris and the IIsi.
					H-----

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (03/07/91)

Perhaps I missed a great deal.  I have a IIfx, and can't get WELLTRIS
to work at all -- seems that it doesn't like either 6.0.5 (or above;
I'm running 7.0b3) or 32-Bit QuickDraw.  Hmmph -- and such a nice game!

Steve