[comp.sys.mac.games] Empire Builder? Where?

ajauch@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Alexander Edwin Jauch) (03/09/91)

I have recently happened on to a discussion of Empire Builder here.  What's
up with this?  Is this a PD game?  Anyone know where I can FTP it?

I have played a commercial game on the Mac called Strategic Conquest and
although version 3.0 is good, there is a game called Empire on the PC that
is even better.  I am hoping that Empire Builder is the Mac port of Empire.
Can anyone confirm this?  Please mail me any info you might have on this game.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alex Jauch
*ajauch@bonnie.ics.uci.edu       |"If all you have is a hammer, then the whole*

ingemar@isy.liu.se (Ingemar Ragnemalm) (03/11/91)

ajauch@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Alexander Edwin Jauch) writes:

>I have recently happened on to a discussion of Empire Builder here.  What's
>up with this?  Is this a PD game?  Anyone know where I can FTP it?

>I have played a commercial game on the Mac called Strategic Conquest and
>although version 3.0 is good, there is a game called Empire on the PC that
>is even better.  I am hoping that Empire Builder is the Mac port of Empire.
>Can anyone confirm this?  Please mail me any info you might have on this game.

>Thanks in advance.

*ALL* these games are ports of the old VAX/VMS game Empire. (I think that is
the original source for the game. Am I right?)

--
Ingemar Ragnemalm
Dept. of Electrical Engineering	     ...!uunet!mcvax!enea!rainier!ingemar