[comp.sys.mac.games] Current version of Sky Shadow?

tchi@sal-sun62.usc.edu (Tony Chi) (02/01/91)

I think the problem you're having with the score resetting to zero is one of you bombs landed in your city or you crashed into your city.  When you do that, all the score you've built up on that ship disappears and there's a crying sound.  I bought the game last month and got ver. 1.0.2.  I don't know if there's a newer version.  The bug I have is that if you happen to get enough points to get to the next level while at the same time get enough ship points to enter the bonus mode, the ship leaves the scree

n but the game just sits there and scrolls through the landscape of the current level.  Anyone else out there have this problem???

Tony Chi
tchi@usc.edu

dundas@hpindwa.cup.hp.com (Alan Dundas) (02/02/91)

>I think the problem you're having with the score resetting to zero is one of
>your bombs landed in your city or you crashed into your city.......

There are also other areas where you can not drop bombs in the higher levels.

In level 2 don't bomb the boats sailing across the ocean.  I guess theses
are your 'people' colonizing a new world!!

In level 3 don't bomb the prison/fort.  I guess some of your 'people' are
being held there.

Also level 3's city is very tough.  The city itself is larger than the
other levels making a stray bomb (or SHOT!!) very likely to hit your city.
At the same point the landing area for level 3 is very small.  Try to
catch to bullseye as soon as possible!!

Yaaaaaaaahoooo

-Alan

jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) (02/28/91)

In article <36619@netnews.upenn.edu> meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) writes:

>Can someone tell me what the current version of Sky Shadow is? I have
>version 1.0.2 and it seems to have some major bugs, the most annoying
>of which is its tendency to zero out the score in the middle of a
>game. This most often occurs at about 4,000,000 on my first ship, but
>seems to occur at random other times as well. The program has crashed
>a few times as also.
>
>Please send e-mail as I don't always read comp.sys.mac.games.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>-Eric
>meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu

I would like to know also, and how to upgrade to a later version.

|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |

nordling@f13.n396.z1.mmug.edgar.mn.org (Bob Nordling) (03/05/91)

>In article <36619@netnews.upenn.edu>
>meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) writes:
>>
>>Can someone tell me what the current version of Sky Shadow is? I have
>>version 1.0.2 and it seems to have some major bugs, the most annoying
>>of which is its tendency to zero out the score in the middle of a
>>game. This most often occurs at about 4,000,000 on my first ship, but
>>seems to occur at random other times as well. The program has crashed
>>a few times as also.

The latest version I am aware of for Sky Shadow is 1.0.9 which has
been out for a couple months.  I have no idea how to upgrade to it,
but contacting Casady & Greene seems like a good start.

     Bob Nordling     | AOL:     AFC MacFun
     GAMER Project    | FIDONET: 1:396/13 New Orleans MUG
                      | USENET: nordling@mmug.edgar.mn.org
                      | ...jhereg!tcnet!vware!edgar!mmug!nordling

     ->via FidoNet: 1:282/22 - SmorgasBoard USENET-FidoNet Gateway<-

allen@codon1 (Edward Allen;345 Mulford;x2-9025) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Feb27.170708.11908@cec1.wustl.edu> jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) writes:
>In article <36619@netnews.upenn.edu> meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) writes:
>>
>>Can someone tell me what the current version of Sky Shadow is? I have
>>version 1.0.2 and it seems to have some major bugs, the most annoying
>>of which is its tendency to zero out the score in the middle of a
>>game. This most often occurs at about 4,000,000 on my first ship, but
>>seems to occur at random other times as well. The program has crashed
>>a few times as also.
>>
>>Please send e-mail as I don't always read comp.sys.mac.games.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>-Eric
>>meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu
>
>I would like to know also, and how to upgrade to a later version.
>

>|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
>|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
>|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
>|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |
>|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
>|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
>|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
>|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |

Sky Shadow has annoying bugs, but zeroing the score is not one of them.
It's a feature.  It happens when you bomb your own civilians in their city.

DON'T DO THAT!

:-)

Ed Allen

allen@enzyme.berkeley.edu