[comp.sys.mac.games] Flight Simulator?

hideg@spsd4360a.erim.org (Steve Hideg (Mr. Fabulous) ) (03/20/91)

First of all, let this serve as my apologize-if-this-has-been-asked-
already-but-I-infrequently-read-this-group disclaimer.

Now:

Does anyone know if/when Microsoft will come out with a new
version of its Flight Simulator? Seems I read rumors here
months ago.

Thanks/pax

____________________________________
Steve Hideg  N8HSC

hideg@spsd4360a.erim.org

robg@Apple.COM (Rob Griffiths) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar19.195705.4388@math.lsa.umich.edu> hideg@spsd4360a.erim.org (Steve Hideg (Mr. Fabulous) ) writes:

>Does anyone know if/when Microsoft will come out with a new
>version of its Flight Simulator? Seems I read rumors here
>months ago.

I actually brought it up a few months ago.  At that time, the answer
appeared to be "never".  However, things have started looking brighter!

Through a "highly placed anonymous source", I have been told that MSoft
has indeed upgraded the Mac flight simulator.  They have jumped it from
version 1.xx to 4.0, to match the PC version.  The legal issues between
MSoft and SubLogic also appear to be resolved.

I was not able to find a certain release date -- spring/summer 1991 was
about the most exact info I heard...

-rob.
-----------
Until they transfer me to public relations, I speak only for myself...

hm0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (H. Scott Matthews) (03/20/91)

On 19-Mar-91 in Re: Flight Simulator?
user Rob Griffiths@Apple.COM writes:
>Through a "highly placed anonymous source", I have been told that MSoft
>has indeed upgraded the Mac flight simulator.  They have jumped it from
>version 1.xx to 4.0, to match the PC version.  The legal issues between
>MSoft and SubLogic also appear to be resolved.
>
>I was not able to find a certain release date -- spring/summer 1991 was
>about the most exact info I heard...

A friend of mine worked at MS this summer and told me they had a "7.0"
release date in mind at that time... he seemed to believe they were
killing time until 7.0 arrived (because it is so lagging) by sprucing
and adding features

scott

|===================================================|
|H. Scott Matthews     | Carnegie Mellon University |
|Junior        	       | Project: To Graduate       |
|Comp.E/EPP            | Turn-ons include:          |
|(412) 268-4696        |  women who do dishes       |
|a.k.a:  H, the H-ster, the H-meister, the H-man,   |
|  the H-in-ator, H-erooni, Baron von H, H-erooski, |
|  Shama-lama-H-man                                 |
|  E-mail to hm0i@andrew.cmu.edu (internet)         |