[comp.sys.mac.games] Sir-Tech Wizardry Series

aard@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Tony Ard) (03/20/91)

Hello, world!

Does anyone know about  the newer Sir-Tech games? I  solved the first three
Wizardry adventures  on my old  Apple //e -  Wizardry,  KOD, and  Legacy of
Llylgamyn (or something like that), but what are the newer games like? I've
heard that they  have  a couple new  adventures.  How well do they  use the
Mac's capabilities. I mean, the first three  for the Apple  // were written
in Apple Pascal and were pretty primative. Are the new  ones for the Mac in
color? Are they more advanced than the simple line drawings I remember?

I really did enjoy the old games (Hell,  they were  some of the  first com-
puter games I  purchased way back in  the early, early eighties)  and would
like any information regarding the new ones.

Thanks in advance,

- Tony Ard (aard@sdcc13.ucsd.edu)

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (03/21/91)

In article <17641@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> aard@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Tony Ard) writes:
>Does anyone know about  the newer Sir-Tech games? I  solved the first three
>Wizardry adventures  on my old  Apple //e -  Wizardry,  KOD, and  Legacy of
>Llylgamyn (or something like that), but what are the newer games like? I've
>heard that they  have  a couple new  adventures.  How well do they  use the
>Mac's capabilities. I mean, the first three  for the Apple  // were written
>in Apple Pascal and were pretty primative. Are the new  ones for the Mac in
>color? Are they more advanced than the simple line drawings I remember?

The mazes and plot are exactly the same.  I think KOD has some slight changes.
The graphics in the new version let you see rock-like walls but otherwise
it's the same.  The game play is much better than before - you don't have
to camp all the time.  You can also use keys for a lot of things.

The only ones released for the Mac are Wizardry I & II (Proving Grounds and
KOD).  There are five total - more if you count the new "Wizardry" games like
Bane of the Cosmic Forge.

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu
              America Online: LimUnltd
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 215 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616