[comp.sys.mac.games] Knight of Diamonds help needed.

walkow@campus.swarthmore.edu (03/20/91)

I am at my wit's end trying to solve the riddle of the Sphinx, on level 6.
Can anyone out there give me hints (spoilers, even) about how I get past
this stupid riddle?

Also: does anyone know what class(es) can use the "Ring Pro Magic"? I've
tried it on every class except Lord and Ninja to no avail.

P.S. I've tried SirTech's help hotline repeatedly, only to get a busy
signal every time I try.

Thanks.
Marc Walkow
WALKOW@campus.swarthmore.edu

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (03/21/91)

In article <BSJZLQG@cs.swarthmore.edu> walkow@campus.swarthmore.edu writes:
>I am at my wit's end trying to solve the riddle of the Sphinx, on level 6.
>Can anyone out there give me hints (spoilers, even) about how I get past
>this stupid riddle?

You've probably already tried the answer already but the game is pretty picky
about it.  Make sure you use any appropriate articles (a, an the) and make
sure you enter the correct singular/plural form.

>Also: does anyone know what class(es) can use the "Ring Pro Magic"? I've
>tried it on every class except Lord and Ninja to no avail.

Do you mean "Nklc. Pro Magic"?  I haven't found the ring.  I can't equip the
necklace either.  I've tried Ninjas, Samuria, Lords, and Bishops.  I think
Terry Monks needs to answer this question.

BTW, isn't it pretty annoying how the scrolling gets messed up in the shop
when it has lots of items?  I thought this was supposed to be a new, bug-free
version?!   half :-)

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu
              America Online: LimUnltd
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 215 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (03/22/91)

In a fascinating article, Lloyd Lim espouses the position:

> You've probably already tried the answer already but the game is pretty picky
> about it.  Make sure you use any appropriate articles (a, an the) and make
> sure you enter the correct singular/plural form.

People do complain about this one, but if you have worked the thing out correctly,
you will see that it would not work without the article. If you just guessed the
answer you would not see why.

I always thought people who had read their Greek drama should be rewarded for
answering "Man," but Sir-tech would never buy that. I was told that the answer
to this riddle is the singel most common question that the Help Line gets. As
you know, I don't write these things, I just try to make them work on Macs...

> Do you mean "Nklc. Pro Magic"?  I haven't found the ring.  I can't equip the
> necklace either.  I've tried Ninjas, Samuria, Lords, and Bishops.  I think
> Terry Monks needs to answer this question.

Same thing, I don't write....etc. I could, of course, find out, but my days of being
paid for this stuff are over. Maybe I will look over the weekend and see what the
data files tell me...

> BTW, isn't it pretty annoying how the scrolling gets messed up in the shop
> when it has lots of items?  I thought this was supposed to be a new, bug-free
> version?!   half :-)

I did not know about this bug. But, I *never* said that this was a bug-free program.
We just said that the known bugs of the previous version had been addressed.

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400