[comp.sys.mac.games] Starflight and Sargo Noidz

jfe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (03/23/91)

The only problem I had with Starflight was the SAVE option.  I played it on my
friend's Amiga and you could only save while you were docked to the only
starbase in the entire galaxy.  Which means if you are far, far away from the
starbase and you suddenly have to end the game, you are in deep, deep trouble.
As for Sargo Noidz, it's an extremely hectic game.  The basic premise is that
you are this rather cute character on a chess board.  You have to cover the
entire chess board before the time runs out.  The twist is that the chess
pieces can eat you according to the chess rules.  There are different board
sets at different levels.  I don't know how many there are because I never get
past the fourth one.  I suppose I could find out through ResEdit.  Each level
also has these cute names, like Pawn Shop and Rookery.  You can get Sargo Noidz
from sumex-aim.stanford.edu.
                                       <<Brian>>

jcc5_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Jackson Cheng) (03/23/91)

The Starflight for the MacIntosh, at least the last time I played it, did not
have this problem with the save option.  I was able to save my games anywhere
in the galaxy except when in an encounter.  I was also given the option to
save five different games.

By the way, anyone seen Starflight 2?  Is it out for the Mac?

Totally off the subject, any seen Bard's Tale II for the Mac?

Jaxon.

christer@cs.umu.se (Christer Ericson) (03/24/91)

In article <1991Mar22.225811.3566@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> jfe@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>As for Sargo Noidz, it's an extremely hectic game.  The basic premise is that
>you are this rather cute character on a chess board.  You have to cover the
>entire chess board before the time runs out.  The twist is that the chess
>pieces can eat you according to the chess rules.  There are different board
>sets at different levels.  I don't know how many there are because I never get
>past the fourth one.  I suppose I could find out through ResEdit.  Each level
>also has these cute names, like Pawn Shop and Rookery.  You can get Sargo Noidz
>from sumex-aim.stanford.edu.

There are eight levels in all (pity that, it would be more fun if it wasn't
that difficult and had more levels). You can increase the number of starting
lives by applying the following patch to the game (or a copy of it, if you
prefer):

Find     : 426D ED58 3B7C 0004
Change to: same same same 0019 <- Or something higher if 25 lives isn't enough!

Oh, if you use ResEdit it's in CODE 3 you'll find these bytes.

>                                       <<Brian>>

/Christer

| Christer Ericson                            Internet: christer@cs.umu.se |
| Department of Computer Science, University of Umea, S-90187 UMEA, Sweden |