[comp.sys.mac.games] Need recommendations for Vette!

ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Andre Sean Brown) (03/30/91)

Hello all you happy Vette! racers, I would like your opinion on this game:
1)  Does it support a 1 meg Mac SE with dual 800k drives?
2)  Does it support multi-player via AppleTalk or Modem?
3)  Any annoying copy-protection mode?  (I don't mind looking up a book or
    spinning a wheel)
4)  Does the color disk comes with the game or would you have to send it back
    with a small amount of money like Harpoon and Curse of the Azure Bond?
5)  Is it sluggish when played with a 68000 machine?
6)  Does it support joystick?
7)  Where did you buy it and how much did you paid for it?

If you have additional comments or answers not listed above, feel free to write
me via e-mail or post it up in this group.  Thanks in advance!

unokirs@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Robert S. Unoki) (03/30/91)

In article <91088.120535ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu> ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Andre Sean Brown) writes:
>Hello all you happy Vette! racers, I would like your opinion on this game:
>1)  Does it support a 1 meg Mac SE with dual 800k drives?
Vette! supports all Macs including the new macs.  I am 90% sure that it will
work with dual 800K drives.  A HD is more convenient, though.

>2)  Does it support multi-player via AppleTalk or Modem?
yes - AppleTalk and Modem play is supported.

>3)  Any annoying copy-protection mode?  (I don't mind looking up a book or
>    spinning a wheel)
Need to lookup data in the manual.  Easy to find the necessary information.

>4)  Does the color disk comes with the game or would you have to send it back
>    with a small amount of money like Harpoon and Curse of the Azure Bond?
Comes with both color and b&w versions.

>5)  Is it sluggish when played with a 68000 machine?
Yes - i tried playing it on a plus in outline mode (no shading) and it was
very sluggish.

>6)  Does it support joystick?
Yes - but I have no joystick to try it with.  It comes with drivers for the
Gravis Mousestick.

>7)  Where did you buy it and how much did you paid for it?
MacConnection for $32 + $3 shipping.

Excellent game.  Highly recommended. Don't know if playing it on a 68000
machine would be worth it.  I have a ci so image processing speed is
not a problem.  Haven't had a chance to play it on a IIcx or IIx yet.

--
Robert S. Unoki
unokirs@mentor.cc.purdue.edu