[comp.sys.mac.games] Chess games

gt5311b@prism.gatech.EDU (BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT) (04/01/91)

I'm thinking about getting a chess game for my SE/30 and wanted to solicit
yall's opinion. Which one is the best of the bunch (I'm leaning towards
Chessmaster 2100) and are there any compatibility problems?

Thanks in advance.

Abhijit

--
BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt5311b

jma@earthquake.Berkeley.EDU (James M. Alexander) (04/01/91)

In article <25293@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5311b@prism.gatech.EDU (BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT) writes:
>I'm thinking about getting a chess game for my SE/30 and wanted to solicit
>yall's opinion. Which one is the best of the bunch (I'm leaning towards
>Chessmaster 2100) and are there any compatibility problems?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Abhijit
>
>--
>BHATTACHARYA,ABHIJIT
>Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
>uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt5311b
>Internet: gt5311b@prism.gatech.edu

Chessmaster 2100 is a nice program, but unfortunately does not like the SE/30
very much. I tried it on a local Mac store's machine before buying Sargon 4
(by default), and I got it to crash 6 times before I gave up.

Jim
jma@earthquake.berkeley.edu