[comp.sys.mac.games] Help with Indy!

jim@melmac.umd.edu (Elie W. Mansour) (03/25/91)

HELP!
Im really stuck.
Im at the catacombs beneath the church/Library in Venice and can't
seem to get into the crypt past the grating withe the old lock.
How do I open the lock and move the grating??

Any help will aid in retaining my sanity.

Thanks!

--

---|-----------------|---	----------------------------------
	Elie Mansour		| 				|

jimvons@dbase.A-T.COM (Jim von Schmacht) (04/03/91)

Spoiler follow!  Stop now if you don't want to know!

I really mean it!!

In article <9103250246.AA03067@melmac.umd.edu> jim@melmac.umd.edu (Elie W. Mansour) writes:
>HELP!
>Im really stuck.
>Im at the catacombs beneath the church/Library in Venice and can't
>seem to get into the crypt past the grating withe the old lock.
>How do I open the lock and move the grating??

From the other side of course!
There are 3 levels of catacombs, level 2 containing 2 sets of catacombs.
If you had looked harder in the library, you would have found the 3 books
which can be found there: Mein Kampf, How to fly a biplane, and Secrets of the
Roman catacombs.  I'll give you this hint about them: they are in 3 different
sets of shelves, one right after another, on the shelves farthest from the
outside wall.

Spoiler about the books:

They exist in the three sets of shelves to the left of the door (our view, not
Indy's).  Their location:
Biplane book: 1st set of shelves to the left, far left collumn of books, 2nd
	      shelf from the bottom, use whatis to search for *book*
Mein Kampf:   2nd set of shelves to the left, far right collumn of books, 4th
	      shelf from the bottom, ditto
Catacombs:    3rd set of shelves to the left, far right collumn of books, 2nd
	      shelf from the bottom, ditto

Spoiler about next part of the first level:

You must get rid of the water in the pool.  To do that you must get the mud
around the torch wet.  To do that you need to go to the manhole and get a wine
bottle from someone, and then get some water.

If you need more hints, let me know.

--
Jim von Schmacht    Senior Member, Project Test Staff    Ashton Tate Corporation
Disclaimer: Standard Issue