[comp.sys.mac.games] Bomber & Guns or Butter

es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) (04/04/91)

I'm thinking of buying Bomber & Guns or Butter.  Could someone post some
details about them?  (Or refer me to some older posts if they've already
been discussed)

Eric Snider
es1o@andrew.cmu.edu

p.s. If someone has a copy of either to sell please write me...

ylsul@athena.mit.edu (Young Sul) (04/04/91)

In article <AbyVoR600VoiB_8EtM@andrew.cmu.edu> es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) writes:
>I'm thinking of buying Bomber & Guns or Butter.  Could someone post some
>details about them?  (Or refer me to some older posts if they've already
>been discussed)
>
>Eric Snider
>es1o@andrew.cmu.edu

Don't know about "Guns or Butter," but "Bomber" is a pretty cool game.
Rather than being a flight-simulator, it is more an experience-simulator:
there are only a handful of controls for the plane, which control the altitude,
landing gear and engines (among other things). You also can access the
Navigator (which shows a map of your progress), the bombsight and the gunners.

There are 25 missions and you get a crew and 6 bombers. Each mission gives you
a target, flying altitude and flight-path, which you are free to change if
you don't like them. Once over the target, you need to use the bombsight
and the target-book (copy-protection) to successfully bomb the target --
lots of fun!

The only problem is that this game is slow-playing (not computer-slow).
After the 5th mission, or so, it becomes tedious to wait for your bomber
to reach its destination and back. The farther you go, the more likely you
will lose your bomber or part of your crew. Furthermore, you really don't
have a lot of control over events around you -- which kinda limits my
interest in Bomber. I _do_ like the game, the graphics are fun, as well
as the sounds, but there could be more depth in Bomber.

					Young Sul
					MIT, Project Athena