[comp.sys.mac.games] Darwin's Dilemma

picard@milton.u.washington.edu (Mary Stumpel) (04/06/91)

Has anyone heard of a game called Darwin's Dilemma? I've looked around for
it at Egghead but I can't seem to find a copy. I've seen it advertised in
magazine catalogs but they don't give you any hint of what this game is.
My questions are:

Will someone post a review of the game, and

what are the minimum system requirements to play it.

Thanks.

hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu (Stephen Haase) (04/07/91)

In article <1991Apr5.203229.11800@milton.u.washington.edu> picard@milton.u.washington.edu (Mary Stumpel) writes:

>Has anyone heard of a game called Darwin's Dilemma? I've looked around for
>it at Egghead but I can't seem to find a copy. I've seen it advertised in
>magazine catalogs but they don't give you any hint of what this game is.
>My questions are:
>
>Will someone post a review of the game, and

Well I rented it a few weeks back and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy
it. If you have ever played the DA called Polar, then Darwin's Dilemma won't
be much new to you. Basically you have these icons representing various life
forms on the screen. You, Darwin, push them around. The thing is, when you
push two like forms together, they become one. Once you have pushed enough
of them together, they evolve into the next higher form of life. The game
requires a lot of fore-thought to be any good. Personally I've only got to
level 4 or 5 before I gave up on the game. There are some problems in the
game that I really don't like, such as the fact that you are only able to move
the icon horizontally and vertically, no diagnols. This means if all of your
icons are x y independatnt from each other you are stuck unless you teleport
them to a good position(you have limited teleports). If I was you, I'd call
up sumex and get Polar, if you really get off on than, you might actually like
Darwin's Delimma.(It took me about 2 hours to finish Polar)
Steve
hasses@prism.cs.orst.edu