[comp.sys.mac.games] Wizardry Help: the Final Chapter

francis@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (RD Francis) (04/09/91)

OK, I think this will be my last set of Wizardry questions:

1)  I've seen the three clues, and have made several guesses as to the
correct answer to the question.  DON'T TELL ME THE ANSWER!  I still want to
try to figure it out myself.  However,
	a) I haven't found "the king in his tomb."  Do I need to find some
room which is actually this king's tomb?
	b) WITHOUT giving away the correct answer, could you help me avoid
getting hung up in tricky syntax?  I think someone said that you had to
phrase the answer just right, perhaps by including an article (a, the) or
something?

2) I've explored every open area on the 6th level, and several large dark
areas that don't connect to the main dungeon (but are accessable from the 5th
level, via chutes).  Are there areas on the 6th floor that you have to/can
teleport into?

3) I still don't have the violet crystal; is that on the other side of the
sphinx?

Thanks for your help.  Remember, I basically am looking for confirmation or
denial of existing suspicions, not exact locations or answers.
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (04/09/91)

In article <CMM.0.88.671136785.francis@wolfman.cis.ohio-state.edu> francis@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (RD Francis) writes:
>1)  I've seen the three clues, and have made several guesses as to the
>correct answer to the question.  DON'T TELL ME THE ANSWER!  I still want to
>try to figure it out myself.  However,
>	a) I haven't found "the king in his tomb."  Do I need to find some
>room which is actually this king's tomb?

Not that I know of.

>	b) WITHOUT giving away the correct answer, could you help me avoid
>getting hung up in tricky syntax?  I think someone said that you had to
>phrase the answer just right, perhaps by including an article (a, the) or
>something?

That was me.  How about this:  the answer begins with the word "the".

>2) I've explored every open area on the 6th level, and several large dark
>areas that don't connect to the main dungeon (but are accessable from the 5th
>level, via chutes).  Are there areas on the 6th floor that you have to/can
>teleport into?

No, I think I checked all of them out too.

>3) I still don't have the violet crystal; is that on the other side of the
>sphinx?

There are only six crystals.  I don't remember a violet one.  The last one
was a sort of bluish color.  Obviously, I can't tell you the color if you
haven't found it yet.

>Thanks for your help.  Remember, I basically am looking for confirmation or
>denial of existing suspicions, not exact locations or answers.

Great!  This is the way I like to do it too.  A lot of people insist on
sending you outright spoilers though.  I hate that!

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu
              America Online: LimUnltd
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 215 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616