[comp.sys.mac.games] POR help, please!

rogue@gagme.chi.il.us (rogue) (04/08/91)

I need some help with Pool of Radiance.  I have been to the point when
the silver dragon wants me party to get the vial from the kobolds.  I
get to the kobold cave and barely survive the battles (I hate trolls).
I find A vial in a crack in the wall, but every time I try to take it
out of the wall, the cork falls out and I get attacked by the efreeti
inside.

First, is this the vial the dragon wants?
Second, how do I get it without it opening?

I would appreciate any help.

smsmith@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M. Smith) (04/10/91)

In article <1318@gagme.chi.il.us> rogue@gagme.chi.il.us (rogue) writes:

(spoilers)

(Be sure to post your real email address--my letter to you bounced...)

>I need some help with Pool of Radiance.  I have been to the point when
>the silver dragon wants me party to get the vial from the kobolds.  I
>get to the kobold cave and barely survive the battles (I hate trolls).
>I find A vial in a crack in the wall, but every time I try to take it
>out of the wall, the cork falls out and I get attacked by the efreeti
>inside.
>
>First, is this the vial the dragon wants?

Yes.

>Second, how do I get it without it opening?

Doesn't the efreeti say something to you when he comes out?  Or
do you get a chance to parlay with him?  Try to talk nice to
him, and if he asks you if you're a vampire, say NO.

That's what happened in the IBM version anyway (as far as I remember).

Steve Smith
smsmith@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu