[comp.sys.mac.games] Leisure Suit Larry

gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU (ZUCCOLA) (04/05/91)

 Has anyone out there played LSL for the mac? Which versions? What do
 you think of the game? Furthermore, I hear LSLIII is already out for
 the PCs, does anyone know when/if the mac version will be released?
			Thanx in advance,
			H-----

darkstar@wam.umd.edu (Martin Walser) (04/08/91)

In article <25634@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt3930c@prism.gatech.EDU (ZUCCOLA) writes:

> Has anyone out there played LSL for the mac? Which versions? What do
> you think of the game? Furthermore, I hear LSLIII is already out for
> the PCs, does anyone know when/if the mac version will be released?
>			Thanx in advance,
>			H-----

    I too am I big fan of Sierra games such as Larry, King's and Space Quest
BUT I really have to criticize Sierra for the EXTREME slowness in releasing
their otherwise excellent games. I've was on the Sierra bbs not to long ago
and I have both good news and bad news:
On their product release schedule there was no mention of Leisure Suit Larry
II or III coming out anytime soon... HOWEVER, I did see a couple interesting,
puzzling, and somewhat hopeful release dates for other Sierra products.
The most interesting is King's Quest 5... That's right 5... It is supposed
to be released in the next few months (I've forgotten the exact month)...
The strange thing is, WHAT HAPPENED TO FOUR?!?  One, Two and Three are all
out for the Mac... but no 4 yet they're promising 5?!?  Another note,
Space Quest III is scheduled for March... BUT IT'S APRIL and nothing. This
is the same Space Quest III they promised in JULY of last year. I'm not
holding my breath. And when can we hope for the advent of Hero's Quest or
other Sierra games that have been out for EONs in the IBM world? Granted,
the Mac platform is moving fast and I'm sure they want their software to
work on all Mac platforms, but some of use have been waiting for a long
time. What's the beef? I love Sierraa games but I wish they'd hurry up
already. Anyone from Sierra listening? Can you shed some light on the
endless delays? We Mac users are getting impatient but maybe if we KNEW
something, even rumors, we might be somewhat satisfied, albeit only
temporarily...  :)   :)

Mart  <darkstar@cscwam.umd.edu>
(no sig... no disclaimer...  Wanna make something of it?!?)

auerbach@sleepy.bmd.trw.com (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr8.031200.9283@wam.umd.edu>, darkstar@wam.umd.edu (Martin Walser) writes:

(stuff deleted)

> the Mac platform is moving fast and I'm sure they want their software to
> work on all Mac platforms, but some of use have been waiting for a long
> time. What's the beef? I love Sierraa games but I wish they'd hurry up
> already. Anyone from Sierra listening? Can you shed some light on the
> endless delays? We Mac users are getting impatient but maybe if we KNEW
> something, even rumors, we might be somewhat satisfied, albeit only
> temporarily...  :)   :)
>
> Mart  <darkstar@cscwam.umd.edu>

I called SOL and talked to a human (amazing!) and asked about LSL 2 & 3.
According to him, SOL has been spending quite a bit of time and effort getting
LSL 1 into 32 bit QuickDraw assuming that the Mac II family is the product of
the future (sure, but what about today?).  Anyway, they're talking about 2 & 3
but have no immediate plans.  So if any SOL folks are reading this, GET ON THE
%$#(*&^$%@ BALL!  I want to slip back into my leisure suit! ;^)