[comp.sys.mac.games] Pente for the MAC

rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Robert Lewis Spence) (04/15/91)

The subject pretty much says it all. Is there a version of
the board game Pente, either in PD or commercial? I am interested
in a version with a computer player and one or more human players.
Thanks,
Rob

P.S. For those who don't know, Pente is very much like Go, only there
is a stipulation where pairs of stones can be removed from the board.

dbarnhar@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr15.150710.3306@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Robert Lewis Spence) writes:
>The subject pretty much says it all. Is there a version of
>the board game Pente, either in PD or commercial? I am interested
>in a version with a computer player and one or more human players.
>Thanks,
>Rob
>
>P.S. For those who don't know, Pente is very much like Go, only there
>is a stipulation where pairs of stones can be removed from the board.

Actually, I believe you mean that Pente is very much like Go-Moku.  The
game of Go has very little to do with getting stones in a row.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any version of either Go-moku or Pente.

Dave Barnhart
NCR Cooperative Computing Systems Division
3245 Platt Springs Rd.      internet: dbarnhar@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM
West Columbia, SC  29169    email: uunet!ncrlnk!ncrcae!oiscola!dbarnhar

--

deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) (04/19/91)

>In article <1991Apr15.150710.3306@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Robert Lewis Spence) writes:
>>The subject pretty much says it all. Is there a version of
>>the board game Pente, either in PD or commercial? I am interested
>>in a version with a computer player and one or more human players.
>>Thanks,
>>Rob

I recall seeing a PD/SW version of Pente on an old Berkeley Mac Users'
Group Games disk (one of the first ten or fifteen); perhaps I can dig
it out of my old BMUG archives, but I'm not optimistic.....

-shane

iho@cac.washington.edu (Il Oh) (04/19/91)

> rlsg7229@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Robert Lewis Spence) writes:
>>>The subject pretty much says it all. Is there a version of
>>>the board game Pente, either in PD or commercial? I am interested
>>>in a version with a computer player and one or more human players.
>>>Thanks,
>>>Rob

I was just handed (delivered by hand) a brand new (copyright January, 1991)
shareware Pente game.  It has human vs. human, computer vs. human, and
computer vs. computer.  If someone could email me instructions on how to
put this on one of the FTP servers, I'll do so.  I can handle stuffing
and binhexing it.
--
 "I'm sorry.                            |    Il Hwan Oh
  If you were right,                    |    University of Washington, Tacoma