[comp.sys.mac.games] M&M II

dsk@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Daniel Katz) (04/18/91)

Has anyone who has played M&M II used the fireball spell successfully?

It, along with levitate and shield, don't seem to ever work for me.

Thanks in advance,

--
Dan Katz                                             1(708)491-8887
Dept. of Electrical Engineering                    dsk@eecs.nwu.edu

B_Foster@oxy.edu (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr17.235938.3393@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> dsk@casbah.acns.nwu.edu
(Daniel Katz) writes:
>Has anyone who has played M&M II used the fireball spell successfully?
>
>It, along with levitate and shield, don't seem to ever work for me.

Are you sure you're using fireball correctly?  It and lightning bolt are
essentially the same spell, except one is used against monsters in melee combat
and the other is used against monsters which are not in hand-to-hand range
(i.e. - one for monsters with checkmarks by their names, one for those
without).  Sorry I can't remember which is which.

I'm not sure why you're having problems with levitate.  It always worked for
me.  However, it doesn't have obvious results (aside from listing itself in the
box o spells affecting the party).

I never used shield, so I don't know the restrictions on it. Sorry.

Are you sure you just didn't happen to be in anti-magic areas at the time(
don't mean to sound patronizing--I'm just trying to cover all the bases).

Brandon T. Foster
Occidental College
B_Foster@oxy.edu

6600stro@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr17.235938.3393@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> dsk@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Daniel Katz) writes:

>Has anyone who has played M&M II used the fireball spell successfully?

The Fireball spell only works against creatures not engaged in melee
combat (those little checks on the side of the monster).  Also, I do
not think they work too well on monster groups (i.e. 35 druids listings)

>It, along with levitate and shield, don't seem to ever work for me.

I think the levitate spell works for a VERY short time, so why bother
with it unless you are in Vulcania...  Same with the shield.

6600bwg@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Barney W. Greinke) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr17.235938.3393@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> dsk@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Daniel Katz) writes:

>Has anyone who has played M&M II used the fireball spell successfully?

>It, along with levitate and shield, don't seem to ever work for me.

>Thanks in advance,

>--
>Dan Katz                                             1(708)491-8887
>Dept. of Electrical Engineering                    dsk@eecs.nwu.edu
>Northwestern University, Evanston, IL            dkatz@nuacc.bitnet

The fireball spell can only be used on targets
not in close combat with your party.  That is,
enemies that don't have the check by them that
indicates they can attack you.

.