[comp.sys.mac.games] PolarDA Questions

hampel@demon.siemens.com (Ken Hampel) (04/18/91)

I recently got into PolarDA.  It's a shareware puzzle/game similar
to a PC/Unix game called Sokoban.  I have an "alpha" release 1.0a2
and I was wondering if:
 - There is a newer version around?
 - Paying the shareware fee would activate the missing features?
 - The docs have a Minnesota address and a Japan address.  Where
do I send the fee?

This is a really neat game, but before I pay for it, I'd like to
know that I'll be getting some much-needed features such as:
 - Save a level
 - Keep a score file with a history of level and number of moves
 - Go to any level
 - Keyboard controls (it's real annoying when the arrow changes and
you don't notice because you're going fast)
 - Undo a move (this would be REALLY nice)

Thanks in advance for any info.

t303grey@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (04/24/91)

In article <58537@siemens.siemens.com>, hampel@demon.siemens.com (Ken Hampel) writes:
> I recently got into PolarDA.  It's a shareware puzzle/game similar
> to a PC/Unix game called Sokoban.  I have an "alpha" release 1.0a2
> and I was wondering if:
>  - There is a newer version around?
>  - Paying the shareware fee would activate the missing features?
>  - The docs have a Minnesota address and a Japan address.  Where
> do I send the fee?
>
> This is a really neat game, but before I pay for it, I'd like to
> know that I'll be getting some much-needed features such as:
>  - Save a level
>  - Keep a score file with a history of level and number of moves
>  - Go to any level
>  - Keyboard controls (it's real annoying when the arrow changes and
> you don't notice because you're going fast)
>  - Undo a move (this would be REALLY nice)
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.

 Yes, PolarDA is a neat game isn't it. It is in fact based on the concept of
old PC games Sokoban ( originary written for FM-7 made by Fujitu ).

 Some function mentioned here isn't implemented in 1.0a6 ( the latest version )
intentionally to make the game more challenging.

 I'm still in Minesota so give me an e-mail.
                                                Go.