[comp.sys.mac.games] SE/30 users with color monitors: Do these games work on your machines?

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (04/19/91)

Howdy.  I just purchased an Apple color monitor and a RasterOps 24-bit color
board for my Mac SE/30.  And I'm curious to find out how many of the games I
have, in particular the games built for color that I've been playing in
black and white, will run properly on the color monitor of the SE/30.  I'm
looking for people who have the same general configuration (maybe an 8-bit
board instead of a 24-bit one) who can tell me that they are having/not
having problems running these particular games, either in color *or* black
and white.  I'm worried about applications which can't quite figure out how
color can be running on an SE/30 (one little black-and-white screen, one
color one...), and want to find out in advance which ones I might expect
problems from.

Here's the ones I'm looking for yea/nay verification on:

    *   Shanghai 2.0

    *   Falcon 2.2

    *   Spaceward Ho! 1.1

    *   Strategic Conquest 3.01

    *   NetTrek v 3.0

    *   Chris Crawford's Trust & Betrayal

    *   SimCity Supreme 1.2C (is this the 32-bit color version?  I currently
        have the "regular" version, 1.1, and was thinking of upgrading to this
        version.)

    *   The Colony

----

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance, folks.

                        Selections from TOP TEN CHAPTER TITLES FROM SHIRLEY
                            MacLAINE'S NEW BOOK:

                             9.  Pizza to go -- from Alpha Centuri
                             8.  Leif Erikson: Lousy in the Sack
                             5.  Flying Saucers: More Dependable than Eastern
                             4.  The Voices in My Head Argue Over Their
                                 Share of the Book Royalties
                             1.  *I'm* Crazy?  You Spent $21.95 on This Book!
                                     -- Late Night with David Letterman
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

kenh@eclectic.COM (Ken Hancock) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr19.035641.658@tc.fluke.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>Howdy.  I just purchased an Apple color monitor and a RasterOps 24-bit color
>board for my Mac SE/30.  And I'm curious to find out how many of the games I
>have, in particular the games built for color that I've been playing in
>black and white, will run properly on the color monitor of the SE/30.  I'm

I've never had any problems with any games which support color running
on my SE/30, Micron XCeed 8-bit card.  I do wonder, though, why you're
asking the net if you already have the color card, monitor, and the games --
it only takes 30 seconds to try them out and see...

Ken

--
Ken Hancock             | INTERNET: kenh@eclectic.com
Isle Systems            | Compuserve: >INTERNET: kenh@eclectic.com