[comp.sys.mac.games] Books on Falcon

earhard@ug.cs.dal.ca (Mark Earhard) (04/25/91)

Does anyone have any recomendations on a book for Falcon 2.2?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Marcus.

earhard@ug.cs.dal.ca (Mark Earhard) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.141344.4444@cs.dal.ca> earhard@ug.cs.dal.ca (Mark Earhard) writes:
>Does anyone have any recomendations on a book for Falcon 2.2?
>
>Any insight would be appreciated.

At risk of breaking with tact, and following up my own message, let me say
I'm considering buying either "Turn and Burn", or "Flying the Falcon Flight
Simulator" (Or both) from someone on the net.

I am *NOT* a pirate. (Just got two messages with deeeeeeep inuendos)

Marcus.

scott@sting.Berkeley.EDU (Scott Silvey) (04/26/91)

There is one published by McGraw Hill ... title is something obvious like
  "Falcon".  It's written by a veteran F-16 Wing (squadron?) Leader.
  I was sort of disappointed in it since I was looking for real tactics
  and stuff, but the book doesn't really cover much more than what you can
  pick up out of the instruction manual.  He does give stories about his
  experences and he also expounds on the history of fighter aircraft.

It is worth looking at ... you may like it if you find the instructions too
  brief.  I was hoping to find out how those Migs turn on my tail faster than
  I can when they do a fly by ... I always stall out at when I'm flying at
  ranks above Major.

The cover has a great shot of an F-16 armed with AMRAAM's.

| Scott Silvey           | From a posting in rec.humor.funny:                 |
| scott@xcf.berkeley.edu |                                                    |
|                        | [Definition of "computer hardware"]:  The parts of |
| Flames to /dev/null    |   the computer that can be kicked.                 |