[comp.sys.mac.games] Curse of the Azure Bonds

kalim@silvia.sedd.trw.com (Kalim Sawires) (05/03/90)

Is this game out yet for the Mac, or what?
Thanks in advance.

Kalim

***********************************
Disclaimer:  the usual . . .

chuq@Apple.COM (The Bounty Hunter) (05/03/90)

>Is this game out yet for the Mac, or what?

No. I've heard rumors of mid-late 90 and/or even early 91 on GEnie, but no
firm dates from SSI.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

I regret to announce that--though, as I said, eleventy-one years is far too
short a time to spend among you--this is the end. I am going. Good-bye.
		-- Bilbo

vinbatra@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Vineet Batra) (01/15/91)

I just recently purchased Curse of the azure bonds.  I have been playing around
for a while and would appreciate any insights that all of you may have on the
game. Spoilers and/or a walkthru would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vineet Batra
vineet.batra@dartmouth.edu
vinbatra@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

nef@mace.cc.purdue.edu (paulhicks) (01/16/91)

----- News saved at 15 Jan 91 16:57:46 GMT
In article <1991Jan15.032941.24452@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> vinbatra@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Vineet Batra) writes:
>I just recently purchased Curse of the azure bonds.  I have been playing around
>for a while and would appreciate any insights that all of you may have on the
>game. Spoilers and/or a walkthru would be appreciated.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Vineet Batra
>vineet.batra@dartmouth.edu
>vinbatra@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

You may want to check out the Hint book printed by SSI.
It's probably available at your local computer game store.
If not you might want to phone SSI and order them (1-800-245-4525)
or if you check out a copy of PC-games or other computer games
magazines, you might be able to mail-order it.  It costs about $8
and containes *EVERYTHING* you will ever need to know to solve the
game, and more! (Please note this is *NOT* a plug for and any of
the above products)
If all else fails, mail me you questions and I will try to help.

|"...and on the eigth day god created the Sauter Mean Diameter." |
|                                   - D.W.Senser                 |
|________________________________________________________________|

ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Andre Sean Brown) (03/14/91)

I have recently purchased this game, and I love it.  However, there is a very
annoying feature of the game that I dislike very much.  I must admit, I am not
very good at it yet, therefore my party get squashed pretty oftenly.  The thing
I don't like about this game is that there is no load game previously saved
feature on the menu.  The only time you can load a game is when your party is
completely wiped out.  So usually I just turn it off and start all over again
<although that is time consuming too>  Did I missed a command in the manual?  I
don't think so.  But if there is anyone who knows how to do this, please let me
know.  Btw, what are your recommendation for the character combination?  How
many fighter/clerics/magic users should I have?  I am currently at Tap, on my
route to remove the second bond, the one where you have to talk to the wizard
in red.  Any hints are appreciated.  Please E-mail, thankx.

kern@arecibo.aero.org (03/15/91)

-Message-Text-Follows-

>The thing
>I don't like about this game is that there is no load game previously saved
>feature on the menu.  The only time you can load a game is when your party is
>completely wiped out.

The only "Load Saved Game" option is when you first start up or get killed.
You can't backtrack in the middle of an adventure without restarting.

>Btw, what are your recommendation for the character combination?  How
>many fighter/clerics/magic users should I have?

I play with 2 other people, each of us running two characters.  We're of
the firm opinion that you need at least 2 clerics, 2 magic-users, and
1 thief to survive well.  Of course, we are using several multi-class
characters so that makes it a little easier.

J.C. Kern
kern@arecibo.aero.org

cheshire@leland.Stanford.EDU (raoul mowatt) (04/26/91)

Help! I'm stuck trying to figure out if it's possible to kill off that massive
party of beholders, dark elf lords, high priests of Bane, and rashashkas. Does
anyone out there know of any way to do it? Or did SSI just put them in to
frustrate me personally?

cs012158@cs.brown.edu (Michael Wong) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.175947.12931@leland.Stanford.EDU>, cheshire@leland.Stanford.EDU (raoul mowatt) writes:
|> Help! I'm stuck trying to figure out if it's possible to kill off that massive
|> party of beholders, dark elf lords, high priests of Bane, and rashashkas. Does
|> anyone out there know of any way to do it? Or did SSI just put them in to
|> frustrate me personally?

All I did to get all those scumbags is to cast mass invisbility, enlarge on all
the members, haste on all the members before the fight (mass invisibility being
most important) and start chopping all the beholders off with fighters, clerics,
and backstab them with thieves while repeatedly throwing fireballs to the priests,
elves and rashashkas.  That should work in 2 or 3 tries.

Chainsaw