[comp.sys.mac.games] Harpoon's interface

es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) (04/29/91)

I just watched a friend play Harpoon for a little while and I was pretty
disappointed.  When I saw it months ago on a PC with the separate
non-movable windows I figured the Mac version would allow you to move
things around and enlarge windows...  Am I wrong and you really can
detach stuff from the main window?  Does this bug anyone else?

From the quick look that I had it seems like it runs just like on the
PC.  Is there a newer version that will support color coming out?  How
do people like the gameplay?

Eric Snider
es1o@andrew.cmu.edu

grue@cs.uq.oz.au (Frobozz) (04/29/91)

In <cc6rq=m00VpHIepUR2@andrew.cmu.edu> es1o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Mitchell Snider) writes:

>From the quick look that I had it seems like it runs just like on the
>PC.  Is there a newer version that will support color coming out?  How
>do people like the gameplay?

Yes, it has almost the same interface as on the PC and it does feel a bit
clunky at times (on the mac).  There is colour support (or at least I was given
a card when I purchased the allowing me to upgrade to colour for only $15)
The game plays very well.  You tend to end up having to control an awful lot
of things at once and a small error/oversight can have dire consequences -- sure
keeps you on your toes.  I don't know how well the computer actually handles
its units, but it isn't going to make any oversights due to being tired etc ;-)

        						Pauli
seeya

Paul Dale               | Internet/CSnet:            grue@cs.uq.oz.au
Dept of Computer Science| Bitnet:       grue%cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net