[comp.sys.mac.games] New shareware adventure!

nebel@wam.umd.edu (Chris D. Nebel) (04/16/91)

Unnkulian Unventure 1 is now available from sumex-aim. (info-mac/game,
naturally.)  It's a classic Adventure/Zork flavor adventure -- text only, with
lots of prose and a fairly smart input parser.  You, an untrained former slave
with no clue whatsoever, must save the world from the dread Demons of Unnkul.
With any luck, it will be part 1 in a trilogy.

If you've ever wanted to write your own adventure game, check it out: it was
written using TADS (also on sumex: info-mac/tech).  While TADS doesn't make
it completely trivial to write adventures, it does make it a LOT easier.  It
lets you concentrate almost completely on the adventure instead of grubby
programming details.

Send any comments, suggestions, requests for help, rude remarks, &c to me,
please.  I'm not the author, but I know him, and he doesn't have an account
anywhere.  (I am the author of part 3, though.  If you get any neato ideas,
I'd like to hear them.)

Chris Nebel
nebel@wam.umd.edu

c9111400@cc.newcastle.edu.au (04/18/91)

	This letter concerns an article on the new shareware adventure,
Unnkulian Unventure 1 , could someone please tell me where I can get this game
from? Also would some one please send me a list of FTP-able mac games sites..
address for these sites would be greatly appreciated...

							Thankyou,
							       Matthew....

nebel@wam.umd.edu (Chris D. Nebel) (04/18/91)

Unnkulian Unventure 1 is availible for anonymous ftp from
sumex-aim.stanford.edu (~/info-mac/game).

If you have the game now, please do _not_ send it to any other sites yet!  I
made a serious goof, and did not include the read-me file that has all the
registration info!  I'll be posting a revised version to sumex-aim today,
so please wait for that one to spread it around.  In the meantime, if you
want to register, send a letter to:

David Leary
6004 Springhill Drive #302
Greenbelt, MD  20770

The requested fee is $10.  He'll send you some goodies like a map of the
surface and a hint sheet in return.

Chris Nebel

cmi@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Theo Pozzy/R. Green) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr18.113746.9998@cc.newcastle.edu.au> c9111400@cc.newcastle.edu.au writes:

>	This letter concerns an article on the new shareware adventure,
>Unnkulian Unventure 1 , could someone please tell me where I can get this game
>from? Also would some one please send me a list of FTP-able mac games sites..
>address for these sites would be greatly appreciated...
>

>							Thankyou,
>							       Matthew....

	I dont know where you can find an FTP site, but I do know
	that NumberTech Research has a new game out. Its called
	StarGun!2.1 and if you send them $5 they will send you a
	disk with the game on it...

	write to NumberTech Research, PO Box 86, Newbury VT 05051

	Its designed for simpler macs but ought to run on anything.

	The game is a space shoot-em-up type. B&W, 512K minimum.

	Jerry
	cmi!jerry@dartvax.dartmouth.edu
--
Theo Pozzy, Corporate Microsystems, Inc.
..!decvax!dartvax!eleazar!cmi (UUCP)      cmi@eleazar.dartmouth (CSNET)