[comp.sys.mac.games] List of Games Released in 1991

Bob.Nordling@f13.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Nordling) (04/26/91)

"Complete Listing of Games Released in 1991"
   Compiled by Bob Nordling

-> compliments of the GAMER Project <-

Editor's Note:

		What follows is a complete listing of games, both
commercial and shareware, known to have been released during 1991. This
list will be used for the end of the year survey which will be done to
determine the winners of the "EAR Awards" for 1991. Corrections and
additions to the lists will be made as such information becomes
available.  Version numbers indicate the latest known version of that
program.

1991  Commercial (January - April)
Bandit Kings of Ancient China   (Japanese RPG/Wargame)
Bane of the Cosmic Forge   (RPG)	Harpoon
Battleset #2   (War Simulation Scenarios)
Hoyle's Book of Games #1   (Gin Rummy, Old Maid, Hearts, Cribbage)
Loom   (RPG)
OIDS   (Arcade)
Riddler   (Educational)
RoboSport   (Robot Simulation)
Rommel   (War Simulation)
Space Quest III  (SF Adventure)
SpaceShip Warlock   (CD ROM)  (SF Adventure)
Tesserae   (Board Game/Puzzle)
Vette!   (b/w & color versions (Race Car Simulator)
Wizardry II: Knight of Diamonds  (RPG)

1991  Shareware (January - April)
Attaxx (Demo)  (Strategy)
BattleCruiser   (Battleship game - humans, computers, mixed players)
Big One, The  (Arcade)(developed into commercial game Operation Tsunami)
Brackettroids+   (Arcade, like Asteroids)
Catch the Buzz 1.01  (Arcade)
Caesar 1.0.1  (Strategy)
Chello  (Strategy)
Chips & DIPS  (Arcade, 256 Colors Required, like Lode Runner)
DadaPoet   (Bizarre Sentence Generator)
Diamonds 1.4b3   (Arcade, Color Required)
Hollywood Starbound   (Adventure, World Builder)
Jacks!   (Arcade)
Math Orchard   (Educational, Math)
Mind Mines 1.2.2  (Board game, Puzzle)
Monopoly   (Board game, Stacks)
Patriot vs. SCUD   (Arcade, HC)
Robot Battle   (Robot, Programming)
Show Times! (Educational, Math)
Strike Jets (Demo)   (Fighter, Wargame, Strategy)
ThexEdit 2.1 (Character editor for Thexder)
Tetris Buster 1.0b  (Tetris Cheat Util)
Turtleneck (Adventure, World Builder)
Widow's Sons  (Adventure, World Builder)

1991   "Editor's Choice" Shareware Upgrades  (January - April)
<Not Comprehensive>
Assault 2.0   (Wargame)
Empire Builder 1.8 (Demo)   (War Simulation)
Euchre 5.0b   (Card game, Color Support)
Forty Thieves 2.1  (Card game)
Global Thermonuclear War 0.5  (Simulation, Stack)
Glypha II .9  (16 color version of Glypha, Arcade)
HyperNetwork Chess 3.3  (Chess, Stack, Modem/Network Support)
IconQuest 1.1  (Strategy)
Mystery Box 2.01 (30 Day Demo)  (Puzzle, Strategy)
NetHack 3.0iR10   (Adventure, Classic)
Save The Farm 3.2   (Demo) (Arcade, Color Support)
Slam Dunk! 1.3   (Simulation, Basketball)
Star 'Roids 7.0  (Arcade, like Asteroids)
Strike Force 1.1 (30 Day Demo)  (Board, Strategy, like Stratego)

Coming Soon - Commercial Games
Decisive Battels of the American Civil War - Vol. 1 (Wargame)
Nabunaga's Revenge  (Japanese RPG/Wargame)
Operation Tsunami   (Arcade)
Railroad Tychoon

conty@cbnewsl.att.com (The Conty) (04/28/91)

In article <672746404.3@mmug.edgar.mn.org>, Bob.Nordling@f13.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Nordling) writes:

[stuff deleted]
> 1991  Commercial (January - April)
> Bandit Kings of Ancient China   (Japanese RPG/Wargame)
[stuff deleted]

> Coming Soon - Commercial Games
> Nabunaga's Revenge  (Japanese RPG/Wargame)
[stuff deleted]

This is the first time I've heard of either Koei game being released for the
Mac.  Has anyone actually seen these?  How good are they?

P.S.  Is there a Macintosh version of Nobunaga's Ambition?
--
			    E n r i q u e  C o n t y
			  The Amazing Man-With-No-Life

eabu111@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Luh) (05/04/91)

I've seen the game on my friend's Mac.  It is in black and white and the
characters are quite well drawn.  It is sort of an asian version of risk.  It
is quite involved and the object of the game is to recruit the heros/bandits
in different districts in china and fight the bandit king threatening to take
over china.

-Steve