[comp.sys.mac.games] Colony - help needed

sokolov@media-lab.media.mit.edu.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael Sokolov) (05/03/91)

I've got a copy of Colony, which has pretty spiffy three-d
graphics.  On my Mac II, the refreshes come about every half-second,
and this seems to be enough to give the game a decent feel.
So I've been enjoying it, but I've got a problem.
I can't figure out the security code to open the airlock, and
I don't understand the tumblers in the desk drawer.  Does anyone
have any experience and suggestions?  And if you know this
stuff, do you also know about the reactor access code?

Thanks muchly - eager to find out what all those creatures
listed in the color menu look like!

	-Mike S.

p.s.  respond via e-mail or post an article to this newsgroup.

lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) (05/03/91)

In article <5777@media-lab.media.mit.edu.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> sokolov@media-lab.media.mit.edu.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael Sokolov) writes:
>I can't figure out the security code to open the airlock, and
>I don't understand the tumblers in the desk drawer.  Does anyone
>have any experience and suggestions?  And if you know this
>stuff, do you also know about the reactor access code?

Colony is a commercial game.  The security code on the airlock is part of an
(annoying) decoder-type copy protection system.  Since you seem to have an
(unintentionally?) pirated copy, I would suggest that if you want to play the
game you should purchase a copy.  It is available from most of the mail order
places.  Then you'll get a decoder, and you can leave the ship.

Once you start playing the game, and looking around the colony, you will
figure out exactly what you are supposed to do with the reactor access code...

Colony is one of the neatest games I have played on the Mac.  By paying for it
you will give Mindscape further inscentive to write more neat Mac games.

Lawrence Miller

steve@pinet.aip.org (Steve Lushing) (05/06/91)

How does one get out of spacecraft as I can't
find the key to open the airlock. Also if I use a decoder on the reator
I get blown up.

--
Stephen M. LuShing                           INTERNET: steve@pinet.aip.org
System Development                           BITNET: steve@aip.bitnet