[comp.sys.mac.games] pacman for the Mac

NU163467@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Marshall Carroll) (04/30/91)

Hi. Is there a Pacman type game for the Mac? Thanks for any info.
Marsh
Internet: NU163467@VM1.NODAK.EDU
BITNET:   NU163467@NDSUVM1

2fmlcalls@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/30/91)

In article <91119.135320NU163467@NDSUVM1.BITNET>, NU163467@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Marshall Carroll) writes:
> Hi. Is there a Pacman type game for the Mac? Thanks for any info.
> Marsh
> Internet: NU163467@VM1.NODAK.EDU
> BITNET:   NU163467@NDSUVM1

Nope.  Not worth mentioning.  Who knows, maybe someone will write a decent one
someday?

john calhoun

jhannah@netcom.COM (Jamal Hannah) (05/01/91)

Actualy, there IS a Pac Man clone for the Mac.. it's called "Mac Man" or
something.  I saw it at MacWorld Expo Boston back in '88 or so.  You play
a little macintosh that is chased by - you guessed it - IBM's.

Sorry, I forgot what company put it out.

| Jamal Hannah   | Internet: jhannah@netcom.com, jamal@gnu.ai.mit.edu,     |
| DeAnza College | jhannah@zorch.sf-bay.org  UUCP: ..!apple!netcom!jhannah |

s57783@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (chapman alan) (05/01/91)

NU163467@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Marshall Carroll) writes:

>Hi. Is there a Pacman type game for the Mac? Thanks for any info.
>Marsh

Well yes in fact there is!  I believe I have a copy of a DA called MacPac
written by some guy here in Australia.  Send me some email and I'll send you
a copy if I can find it on one of my old dusty disks.  I'm pretty sure it is
shareware!

Alan Chapman, Tutor, School of Info. Tech.| email : s57783@zeus.usq.edu.au
UCSQ, Toowoomba QLD 4350, Australia.      | "IBM's and me just don't agree"

Bob.Nordling@f13.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Nordling) (05/03/91)

>> Hi. Is there a Pacman type game for the Mac? Thanks for any info.
>> Marsh
>
>Nope.  Not worth mentioning.  Who knows, maybe someone will
>write a decent one
>someday?
>
>john calhoun

Well there was a commercial version which came bundled with a
joystick, it was called MacMan.

The best shareware implementation of PacMan is MacChase+ 2.0 by
Kevin Gong. His address is 1302 Navellier St., El Cerrito, CA 94530,
free - but donations gladly accepted! It also includes an editor
which allows you to create your own playing fields.
---

ragrawal@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Rajiv Agrawal) (05/07/91)

is MacChase available at any FTP site?  It will be great if we can enjoy
and support this shareware game.

Thanks.

Rajiv.