[comp.sys.mac.games] Railroad Tycoon is out!

jmurphy@helix.nih.gov (Joseph A. Murphy) (05/06/91)

I bought Railroad Tycoon saturday for my Mac, I guess it just came
out. Pretty nice, however it crashed alot until I got rid of the Comm
Toolbox and System 6.07. It also does not like 6.1B9 multifinder.

Comes with 5 disks and great documentation. All for $36.00 at Egghead.

Alot of fun, however graphics are a bit slow even on a IIcx. It is an
amazing game really, very complex.

--
Joe Murphy
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD. USA

nikolai@buhub.bradley.edu (Kevin Payne) (05/07/91)

In <1991May6.124602@helix.nih.gov> jmurphy@helix.nih.gov (Joseph A. Murphy) writes:

>I bought Railroad Tycoon saturday for my Mac, I guess it just came
>out. Pretty nice, however it crashed alot until I got rid of the Comm
>Toolbox and System 6.07. It also does not like 6.1B9 multifinder.

>Comes with 5 disks and great documentation. All for $36.00 at Egghead.

>Alot of fun, however graphics are a bit slow even on a IIcx. It is an
>amazing game really, very complex.

Is there a version for us black and white mac users?  And does anyone know
if any of the warehouses have it yet (MacConnection, etc.)?

Kevin Payne                            aka Nikolai Kyrilovich Khorobrit
"The Jolly Ferro-equinologist!"    House of the Moss Rose, Illiton, Midrealm
nikolai@buhub.bradley.edu  (UNTIL 5/24/91 ONLY!!!)
kpayne@heartland.bradley.edu  (USABLE NOW; ALL EMAIL SHOULD BE SENT HERE
                                      AFTER 5/24/91!)

jm13@quads.uchicago.edu (Kermit T. Frog) (05/07/91)

In a previous article  (Joseph A. Murphy) writes:
>I bought Railroad Tycoon saturday for my Mac, I guess it just came
>out. Pretty nice, however it crashed alot until I got rid of the Comm
>Toolbox and System 6.07. It also does not like 6.1B9 multifinder.
>
>Comes with 5 disks and great documentation. All for $36.00 at Egghead.
>
>Alot of fun, however graphics are a bit slow even on a IIcx. It is an
>amazing game really, very complex.
>

>--

What is Railroad Tycoon?  Does it live up to Pirates! (also by Microprose)?
Could someone post a description?
Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

--
Paid for by the Committee to elect the Boston Bruins
as the 1991 Stanley Cup Champions.

kevin@crash.cts.com (Kevin Hill) (05/09/91)

nikolai@buhub.bradley.edu (Kevin Payne) writes:

>In <1991May6.124602@helix.nih.gov> jmurphy@helix.nih.gov (Joseph A. Murphy) writes:

>>I bought Railroad Tycoon saturday for my Mac, I guess it just came
>>out. Pretty nice, however it crashed alot until I got rid of the Comm
>>Toolbox and System 6.07. It also does not like 6.1B9 multifinder.

>>Comes with 5 disks and great documentation. All for $36.00 at Egghead.

>>Alot of fun, however graphics are a bit slow even on a IIcx. It is an
>>amazing game really, very complex.

>Is there a version for us black and white mac users?  And does anyone know
>if any of the warehouses have it yet (MacConnection, etc.)?

   ackkk!  It is 4am in the morning and I just got done with a session of
Railroad Tycoon..   I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!  although when I declared
bankruptcy to be sneaky and write of 1 mil of the 2 mil I owed, I found that
I could not lay track.. Ok fine, read the manual.. I did and it said I have
to pay the bonds before I can do anything.. Ok, spent about 2 hours getting
a cool million from about -270,000$.  Went to the broker with my cash and
guess what, the fool wouldn't let me pay!  (the menu Item was greyed!) ack,
there when a good game down the tubes.
  Anyone have anyhints about that?
 Anyway, Egghead software 39.99.  Great game
   THANK YOU MICROPROSE AND SID MEIER!!!

ALSO, MICROPROSE GAMES I have found are the highest quality games for the
mac around... (and no I am not related to microprose).  But if you doubt,
go buy PIRATES! and RAILROAD TYCOON and you will see.

 And yes, it does run on the plus with 2 megs.  run it without multi finder as
it runs faster.. but it does run under multi finder as far as I can see.
C'ya all, and good nite!

*  Kevin Hill
*  San Diego State University, Accounting Major.
*  No matter where you go, there you are.

ric@netcom.COM (Richard Bretscheider) (05/09/91)

kevin@crash.cts.com (Kevin Hill) writes:

> Anyway, Egghead software 39.99.  Great game
>   THANK YOU MICROPROSE AND SID MEIER!!!

My Egghead didn't have it but had it on their computer for 49.99.  Yuck.

> And yes, it does run on the plus with 2 megs.  run it without multi finder as
>it runs faster.. but it does run under multi finder as far as I can see.
>C'ya all, and good nite!

What about the speed?  The previous message said it was slow on a
ci, how bad can it be on a plus?  Anyone know if it's, (drum roll please...)
System 7 compatible?

Yeah, just what I need right now, another great game.   I'm gonna have
to take some vacation time to catch up. :-)

>--
>*  Kevin Hill
>*  San Diego State University, Accounting Major.
>*  No matter where you go, there you are.
--

"If you're not going to kill me, I've got things to do."
Ric Bretschneider