[comp.sys.mac.games] Strategic Conquest 3.0 BUGS!!!!!!

jmp@jaco.Frame.COM (Jeff Papineau) (05/11/91)

If you have played this game in two player/two machine net mode, you know
there is a serious tactical bug, where much of the time, as the game gets
complex, the newly created pieces will only move one square on the first time
they are moved from there originating city. This bug did not exist in previous
versions of the game. I have gone back to 2.55 for serious two player games.

The bug can make or brake your strategy, and should be fixed! I don't know of
any reliable workaround, and a call to the DeltaTao only got limited concern,
something like " maybe six weeks" or Maybe NEVER is the message I got.

If it PO's you as much as me, please call and hassle those guys about it,
so they will fix it. It is a shame to take the best strategy game there is
for the Mac, and abandon it.

My opinion here, no I don't like S.W.Ho, and no flames, thanx.

Jeff Papineau

jfeldhouse@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (05/12/91)

In article <21217@frame.UUCP>, jmp@jaco.Frame.COM (Jeff Papineau) writes:
> If you have played this game in two player/two machine net mode, you know
> there is a serious tactical bug, where much of the time, as the game gets
> complex, the newly created pieces will only move one square on the first time
> they are moved from there originating city. This bug did not exist in previous
> versions of the game. I have gone back to 2.55 for serious two player games.
>
> Jeff Papineau

I have also noticed this bug, it is quite annoying.
I am not sure this works all the time but it seems
that if when a new pice is created you click on the city
when it is time for said piece to move then it uses
up one move and you are able to finish your move normally.

I think that if you restart the game it goes away for awhile also.

I wrote to Delta Tao about another bug,
it seems that when you choose Load Transport(?),
in order to load all adjacent armies onto a transport
the game forgets about the transport.  Thus either
load them manually or after load transport, Wake the transport
and the game will normally remember said transport.
(Strange during this forgotten stage, the transport
is not actually asleep as one might think.)

If there is anyone around the Cincinnati area that
likes Strategic Conquest or Spaceward Ho, how about
writing me and perhaps we could play a game some time.
(Cincinnati Ohio)

Jim Feldhouse

6600bwg@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Barney W. Greinke) (05/14/91)

The bug also exists in the single player vs.
computer version as well.  I think it happens
whenever there's a lot of units on the board.

BWG

tshea@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (05/15/91)

In article <21217@frame.UUCP>, jmp@jaco.Frame.COM (Jeff Papineau) writes:

> The bug can make or brake your strategy, and should be fixed! I don't know of
> any reliable workaround, and a call to the DeltaTao only got limited concern,
> something like " maybe six weeks" or Maybe NEVER is the message I got.
>
> If it PO's you as much as me, please call and hassle those guys about it,
> so they will fix it. It is a shame to take the best strategy game there is
> for the Mac, and abandon it.
>
> My opinion here, no I don't like S.W.Ho, and no flames, thanx.
>
> Jeff Papineau

you are going get a flame anyway

Need I remind you that Delta Tao SAVED the game from extinction and
added enhancements.  At least when I call Delta Tao, I get a real live
person who knows what he/she is talking about.  They offered a $15 upgrade
and they popped in the mail the same day I called.  I had a bad disk and they
sent me a new one with a week.  They are a small company and do not have all
the resources that a large company has.

so GIVE THEM A BREAK!!  or you just might see Stategic Conquest disappear
again.

tim

rjp2011@yak.COM (Rick Pavek) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May14.204824.563@vax1.mankato.msus.edu> tshea@vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:
>In article <21217@frame.UUCP>, jmp@jaco.Frame.COM (Jeff Papineau) writes:
>>
>> The bug can make or brake your strategy, and should be....

stuff deleted...

>> Jeff Papineau
>

>you are going get a flame anyway

You'll get a flame from me, too.  You sold the game to me for $25,
remember?

So what I'd say is that you called them up, (maybe you never had SC in
the first place, even) got them to upgrade you to the new version, (you
didn't get the box, remember?) and sold it to me for a quick $10.

And you're still playing the game.  You slime.

I hope your delete key falls off.