[comp.sys.mac.games] legends info request

bonar@math.rutgers.edu (Doug Bonar) (05/16/91)

Well, summer is here, and my birthday is coming up.  So, it seems like
the perfect time to get myself a birthday gift.  Lately, I've had a
desire to play a computer fantasy game.  So, I've been looking around
for one to satisfy me.

I liked Wizardy a long time ago, but I think I want something with a
little more to it.  I've liked the Ultima series, though I haven't
seen them on a mac.

I just noticed Legends of the Lost Realm in the MacWarehouse cataloge.
The little blurb looks good.  Does anyone on this group have any
other suggestions or any comments about Legends.

Doug
bonar@math.rutgers.edu

maxc1158@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Greg Penetrante) (05/17/91)

In article <May.15.19.16.36.1991.26134@math.rutgers.edu> bonar@math.rutgers.edu (Doug Bonar) writes:

>Well, summer is here, and my birthday is coming up.  So, it seems like
>the perfect time to get myself a birthday gift.  Lately, I've had a
>desire to play a computer fantasy game.  So, I've been looking around
>for one to satisfy me.
>
>I liked Wizardy a long time ago, but I think I want something with a
>little more to it.  I've liked the Ultima series, though I haven't
>seen them on a mac.
>
>I just noticed Legends of the Lost Realm in the MacWarehouse cataloge.
>The little blurb looks good.  Does anyone on this group have any
>other suggestions or any comments about Legends.
>
>Doug
>bonar@math.rutgers.edu

I hate to burst your bubble, Doug, but Legends does not have high marks for
gameplay.  You'd be better off with Pool ofRadiance or Curse of the Azure bounds
Everything in Legends has been seen before, and what's worse is the boredom factor.
-greg