[comp.sys.mac.games] System 7.0 & SimCity

duga@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Brady Duga) (05/21/91)

I just got Sys7 yesterday and tried out some of my favorite programs. SimCity
seemed to work, but when I checked the evaluation window, it said the
population was 0, and my score was 500. This was after a year! I opened some
saved games and discovered the same problem. Its kind of difficult to collect
taxes with a population of 0. There was, however, activity on the roads and
in all the sector types (residential, industrial and commercial). So has
anyone else had SimCity use these US census techniques for calculating
population?

--Brady

P.s. MacSE,'030 accelerator,Sys7 (obviously)

robg@Apple.COM (Rob Griffiths) (05/22/91)

In article <14177@ur-cc.UUCP> duga@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Brady Duga) writes:
>I just got Sys7 yesterday and tried out some of my favorite programs. SimCity
>seemed to work, but when I checked the evaluation window, it said the
>population was 0, and my score was 500. This was after a year! I opened some
>saved games and discovered the same problem. Its kind of difficult to collect

Sim City Supreme seems OK on the IIcx; maybe there's a difference in the
code between the Supreme & B/W versions that accounts for the problem?

-rob.

--
| R. Griffiths         | "Those who make peaceful resolution impossible     |