[comp.sys.mac.games] Problems downloading Pararena

lyman@ecs.umass.edu (05/22/91)

Hi all.  I just got Pararena off the archives at Umich and when I debinhexed it
it turned into a generic document.  Is it supposed to be self extracting
or do I need a specail program?  Thanks in advance.

Mike Houser
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

-mh

2fmlcalls@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/23/91)

In article <13792.283a6481@ecs.umass.edu>, lyman@ecs.umass.edu writes:
> Hi all.  I just got Pararena off the archives at Umich and when I debinhexed it
> it turned into a generic document.  Is it supposed to be self extracting
> or do I need a specail program?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike Houser
> University of Massachusetts, Amherst

I just downloaded it after seeing your post.  It's in Compacter format.  I
believe I had uploaded it as self-extracting, but different 'archives' have
their preferred methods of 'archival'.  (They also like to re-name things a
bit.)

In any event, Compacter is shareware (and compresses things much smaller than
the original Stuff-It did).  You can probably find it at umich and almost
certainly at sumex.

john calhoun