[comp.sys.mac.games] Is Armor Alley the ][e Version Of RESQUE RAIDERS

steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell) (05/27/91)

	IF so, i am buying a copy today.....

Resque raiders is a legendary game.. Now that the mac has gone coloured
and people can score a good Coloured LC for a few grand, id like to see
my good ol favorites back in action, as i am sure people will like them.

Ones that come to mind are

Air Heart
Conan (Good)
Captain Goodnight
Sammy Jnr Lightfoot
Karateka
Moonpatrol
Amazon
Masqurade
Willy Byte
Hard Hat Mack

Endless... if this stuff was ported, well, id have to say re-written
)Nasty Big Job actually), to use the full potential of the LC's sound
and graphics.. you'd have one hot set of games....

Just my .02c worth

Steve h   (apple //e man forever, until i decided to upgrade to an FX) YEH!

jhannah@netcom.COM (Jamal Hannah) (06/05/91)

In article <steveh.675354655@tasman> steveh@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Steven Howell) writes:
>	IF so, i am buying a copy today.....
>Resque raiders is a legendary game.. Now that the mac has gone coloured
>and people can score a good Coloured LC for a few grand, id like to see
>my good ol favorites back in action, as i am sure people will like them.
>Ones that come to mind are
>Air Heart
>Conan (Good)
>Captain Goodnight
>Sammy Jnr Lightfoot
>Karateka
>Moonpatrol
>Amazon
>Masqurade
>Willy Byte
>Hard Hat Mack
>Endless... if this stuff was ported, well, id have to say re-written
>)Nasty Big Job actually), to use the full potential of the LC's sound
>and graphics.. you'd have one hot set of games....

It seemed rather obvious to me, on first glance, that Armor Ally WAS
a reversion of Rescue Raiders. If you look Closer it becomes more
obvious:  The authors are none other than Greg Hale and Arthor Britto II.
(hi, Greg.. met you at BMUG a couple years ago  :)

As for the game list.. you forgot Marios Bros. and Joust for the Apple II!
They were great.  If you are an Apple IIe nut but have a Mac (II preferibly)
you should get "II in a Mac" (software) or the Apple //e emulation card
from apple, which is only about $200.  Both of those should let you
play your favorite Apple II games on your Mac, though I would guess
that only the card will use color.
| Jamal Hannah   | Internet: jhannah@netcom.com                            |
|                |                           UUCP: ..!apple!netcom!jhannah |

peterc@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter Creath) (06/09/91)

I've heard rumors of a Beta of some vector graphics game on the Mac that's
supposed to be incredible.  I heard it was like Battle Zone.  I'd like
to get in touch with Peninsula Gameworks (or something like that) to
become a beta tester- I've got some ideas, if it is like BattleZone.
(For instance, if any of you ever played Stellar 7 on the //e, I liked
the Mission Briefing option, as well as the variety of opponents.
Supposedly, there are only 2 types of enemies in this.  Also, I heard
that there's only Appletalk net playing.  How about modem playing?)

--

chuck@brain.UUCP (Chuck Shotton) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun8.195715.1821@sugar.hackercorp.com>, peterc@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter Creath) writes:
> I've heard rumors of a Beta of some vector graphics game on the Mac that's
> supposed to be incredible.  I heard it was like Battle Zone.  I'd like
> to get in touch with Peninsula Gameworks (or something like that) to
> become a beta tester- I've got some ideas, if it is like BattleZone.
> (For instance, if any of you ever played Stellar 7 on the //e, I liked
> the Mission Briefing option, as well as the variety of opponents.
> Supposedly, there are only 2 types of enemies in this.  Also, I heard
> that there's only Appletalk net playing.  How about modem playing?)

The program is called "Spectre" and it is very much like Battle Zone, but
there aren't any 'buzz bombs' and there's a little more to the game than just
survival. However, as far as arcade-type games go, it's kinda lame. The graphics
are well done for vector types, but it gets boring after a few levels.

Chuck Shotton                 Internet:  cshotton@girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu
                              UUCP:      ...!buster!brain!chuck
"Your silly quote here."      AppleLink: D1683       MacNet: shotton