[comp.sys.mac.games] Armor Alley and System 7

kmcentee@Apple.COM (Kevin McEntee) (06/05/91)

I'm having problems restarting saved games, the computer has the points and
money set too high and says my quota is full whenever I try to allocate more
equipment.

The other problem is that I can't start a new game at any level but the first.

I've had these problems since I moved to system 7.  Any help out there?

Kevin

lamont@convex.com (Bradley Lamont) (06/06/91)

kmcentee@Apple.COM (Kevin McEntee) writes:

>I'm having problems restarting saved games, the computer has the points and
>money set too high and says my quota is full whenever I try to allocate more
>equipment.

>The other problem is that I can't start a new game at any level but the first.

>I've had these problems since I moved to system 7.  Any help out there?

I had the same problem running under system 6.0.5.  It seems that when a game is
saved under Multifinder, it can only be loaded correctly under Multifinder.  Same
with saving under finder.  It can't be loaded under Multifinder.  Since
system 7 is only multifinder, I would expect that the problem is the same or related.
I have not been able to find a solution to this.

Sorry I can't be more help,
Brad Lamont

Corey_Lynn_Nelson@cup.portal.com (06/11/91)

Armor Alley doesn't run in Multifinder on the SEs and less. That's just
the way it is, unfortunately.

InterNet: Corey_Lynn_Nelson@cup.portal.com      *  That is the saving
Voice (415) 373-7638    CompuServe: 73617,3476  * grace of humor, if you fail
BBS   (415) 373-0873    GEnie: c.nelson17       * no is laughing at you.
FAX   (415) 373-7639                            *      - A. Whitney Brown
Mail: P.O. Box 2229, Livermore, CA  94551